My first impression of the hotel this trip was that check in was quick, professional, and pleasant, late on a Sunday night even though I had a 'prepaid' room.
The lobby and bar areas are stylish, contemporary, 'hip', and not at all cookie cutter-ish in the way some chain hotels can appear. Maybe their spaces were a little too full with furniture, but overall it was a very good look.
My room featured the same kind of stylish, contemporary, upscale look as the lobby area and it was clean. There was marble/granite used in the largish bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and firm and I had a great night's sleep.
A couple of odd issues that seemed out of place. One had to do with the excessive wear on the easy chair in my room, threads were hanging off of it. Separately, in the elevators, the wood paneling was well worn and in some cases damaged/scratched by misbehavior. They should attend to that.
This was my 3rd stay at this property over 3 years and I liked my stay again at the histel.
As for the location, the hotel is very convenient to the financial district of the city. But the location had no food, reasonably priced or not, available within several blocks on a Sunday night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien San Francisco is a newly renovated luxury upscale hotel located in a prime Financial District location and connected via pedestrian bridge to the businesses, shops, entertainment, theaters and cafés of the dynamic Embarcadero Center. Just steps away are San Francisco’s main leisure attractions such as Chinatown, the Ferry Building, and the California Street cable cars. From our location, enjoy convenient access to AT&T Park, Union Square and Fisherman’s Wharf. Le Méridien offers a professional staff and superior facilities, including Bar 333 with its lively happy hour and street level vibe as well as Park Grill Restaurant, serving local and sustainable fare for breakfast and lunch. Impeccable service is promised at every turn. The trademark of sophistication, our award-winning Les Clefs d’Or Concierge professionals, will treat you to the highest level of service. Discover San Francisco and Unlock our Destination, book your next stay at Le Meridien San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Meridien San Francisco
- San Francisco Le Meridien
- Park Hyatt San Francisco