“If you can snag a weekend deal, its a must stay!”

Le Meridien San Francisco
Ranked #50 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“If you can snag a weekend deal, its a must stay!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Such a great location, as a walking town, this hotel puts you in prime distance from major attractions and public transportation. The room was spacious and very grand. I was able to snag a great deal for a two night stay (I think it helped that it was on a weekend because of the hotels location being in the Financial District).

If you plan on doing a hop on/hop off tour, the Big Bus company has a stop right across the street from the hotel. The concierge was super helpful with recommendations and they are very hospitable in caring for your luggage in the event that your room isnt ready for an early check in.

I was also given free wifi when I checked in, which was fantastic because going into the stay it was my only real negative about the booking. Ive read a lot about this hotel nickle and diming people but that was not my experience. Great service, great room, would definitely stay again if i see a deal for this location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We often stayed at this hotel, when it was the Park Hyatt, and a few times, when it became the Le Meridien. Then, wife's corporate office moved to China Basin, and we usually stayed elsewhere. For this trip, we were back.

The location is great, and we walked to both Michael Mina's, and RN74. I had almost forgotten how convenient the location was.

The front-desk could not have been nicer, and one would think that we had been staying there for the last 30 trips to San Francisco.

The room was lovely, on the SPG VIP floor, with a very comfortable king bed, and great views. The "corner" room was nice, as it did allow for semi-panoramic views of the city - always nice in San Francisco.

There were no negatives, including my wife needing cabs to her meetings around the city.

The restaurant had been revamped, but I would have loved to see those offerings upgraded a bit. While there was a buffet, I am not into steam tables, and do not mind paying 3x the price, for menu items, if well prepared and very tasty. Service was better than the fare, and the room is very nice.

Both the check-in, and my check-out (late check-out honored, as our limo would not be arriving until about 2:00PM), were both perfect. The bell-staff were very good, and attentive. When my car arrived, they found me in the bar, and had everything ready to be loaded.

We would stay there again, if the meetings were in that area.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Beautiful, modern and clean hotel conveniently located, an 8 minute walk into the heart of the Financial District (Market Street). Only a few blocks from the Ferry Building to the East and Chinatown to the West. The room and bathroom were very spacious. Our corner unit with floor to ceiling windows had partial water views with beautiful sunrises in the morning.

I would stop at Specialty's Bakery a block away to pick up some steel-cut oats in the morning and then take them back to the hotel, to enjoy them with the free coffee and tea in the 3rd floor restaurant. You just plop down on one of the comfy couches, hack away on your tablet or watch some TV. No one will bother you. I'd definitely stay here again. Starwood remains one of my favorite chains.

Room Tip: We were jn room 2114 which was a corner unit with partial water views. Deluxe king bed. Quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Le Meridien is a Starwood property located adjacent to the Embarcadero in the Central Business District of San Francisco. It is an easy walking distance to the North Beach district and the Market Street shopping areas.

I spent five nights on a part-business, part family related trip. Upon check-in, I asked for a "nice room" given the length of my stay. Although there is no way of discerning whether my request was really granted or not, I was assigned a room on the 17th floor which was certainly expansive with a nice view of the Bay Bridge from a corner of the room.

The room itself featured a king sized bed with a large working desk, in-room safe and plenty of drawer space. The bathroom was decently sized, but would have been nicer if it featured two sinks rather than one as the room was occupied with both myself and my wife. The lack of an in room coffee maker was somewhat mitigated by the fact that there must have been literally a dozen coffee shops within a couple of blocks walk of the hotel. Wi-fi connection was excellent in my room.

I found the concierge and front desk personnel most helpful; I continually needed to speak with the front desk as the hotel constantly overcharged me for the nightly room rate vs. the rate on my confimation.

I give the Starwood property 4 stars vs. 5 due to the lack of in room coffee setup and the somewhat dim lighting in the room. Nonetheless, I would be more than pleased to stay here on future visits to San Francisco.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

It's been a few years since I've stayed here. While this Le Meridien is classy and comfy, it's in need of a re-vamp to keep it on par with four or five stars.

The location can't be beat if you want to be in super close proximity to the hundreds of companies in the immediate financial district. However, like many reviews have highlighted, the area is dead at night (which may be a plus for some weary business travelers). It's also a quick 3-minute walk to the Ferry Building which, if you've never been to San Fran, is a place you're going to want to spend as much time in as possible.

Using my SPG Suite Night Awards, I was upgraded to a Business Suite which was a fairly fascinating experience. You walk in to the main bedroom--fairly spacious with a large king bed, chair, dresser and large TV. There is also a teeny balcony with a chair and great views of the bay (see photos). Occupying a corner of the hotel, this Suite also features a large full office complete with large desk, credenza and yes, A FAX MACHINE. You know y'all, I was so thankful bc I had so much faxing to do during my 2014 business trip. The bathroom is large with a huge window for plenty of light. However, it has a nasty shower/tub combination not particularly fitting of a supposed luxury hotel. The room was clean, the sheets soft. the towels worn and reminding me of ones I had seen at Motel 6. My takeaway on the room is that it's a few years overdue for a total refresh.

No coffee makers in rooms. Annoying especially bc the free coffee in the hotel restaurant is only available in the morning.

FREE SHOE SHINE!

With so many awesome hotel choices in San Fran, I'd give LM another shot if the rates were really low.

2 Thank Mark M
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello and thank you for the review. We recently completed an extensive renovation of our Hub (lobby) and Bar 333. We also gave a new look to the meeting space and our Park Grill Restaurant. The rooms will be next so please stay tuned. We are very excited about the future at Le Meridien. Thanks again for the feedback.
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I have to give this property a 4 rather than a 5 because there isn't anything surprising or really exceeding expectations. The location is good, facilities and rooms are nice. It feels like a standard upscale hotel. Room decor is actually a bit dated - BUT the sheets are the best!! Very comfortable bed. Overall very suitable for a business trip like mine. Would also be nice for a getaway weekend to the city.

• Stayed January 2014
Yuba City, California
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Nice hotel at the right price. Under 250 is the only way to go. Location is great but price has to be right. Call the hotel directly as they will negotiate. 300 plus is way to much...With parking it will be over 400.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple