Hard to say much bad about the place -- got a very good deal on the bidding section of Priceline, which sometimes makes me nervous about getting stuck in a subprime room or something, but absolutely no problems here. I checked in around 4 p.m. and was given a great room on a lower (but not lowest) floor away from the elevator that had a sliver of a view of the Bay Bridge.
I don't know what others were saying about the furniture in the rooms being dated -- mine was very nice, and the room overall was pretty spacious. I really appreciated how the windows were angled, so it seemed every room was a "corner" room. Only complaint was one of the upholstered chairs could have used a cleaning.
The common areas seemed OK to above average, and the business center was good -- open 24 hours with free printing. I didn't eat at the restaurant or bar, but the free morning coffee from Illy was nice.
I thought the valet parking charge ($60 with tax) seemed very high to me, but I didn't pay for it directly because of it being a work trip, so it didn't bother me personally. I think it might be cheaper if you book through the hotel, at least on a package deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 100% nonsmoking downtown luxury hotel offering clean, sophisticated style blending Italian marble, Australian lace wood, and modern decor. Elegant and simple in atmosphere, Le Meridien is conveniently located downtown near the Ferry Building Farmer's Market, Chinatown, North Beach, and Union Square. 360 guestrooms include 89 suites offering both city and bay views. Hotel offers 24 hour in-room dining, a restaurant and bar, complimentary exercise facility, and limited town car service. All guestrooms offer sumptuous duvets, CD players, in-room safes, High-speed Internet access, cordless phones, minibars, and movie channels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TravelUp, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Meridien San Francisco
- San Francisco Le Meridien
- Park Hyatt San Francisco