Le Meridien San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Battery(San Francisco)
  • Room Service
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Hotel North Beach(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Grant Plaza Hotel(San Francisco)
SW Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
Orchard Garden Hotel(San Francisco)
2,185 results
All reviewsthe financial districtferry buildingembarcadero centerstudio suitepark hyattbay bridgenice view of the baytransamerica buildingsliding doorfarmers marketbusiness hotelhigh floorfew blocksthird floorsitting areaconcierge deskgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here as a longer USA trip. We were struggling to find a reasonable priced hotel and this was booked through Priceline. We were in the car and parked at Embarcadero Centre which is across the street and saved money compared to the hotels valet. Check in was quick and friendly.

We arrived on a Friday evening and in the hotel bar they had a happy hour. There is also a British style pub over the road called the Elephant in Castle, there are not many other restaurants or bars in the area as the hotel is in the Financial District. We got a taxi a couple of times and the rest of the time we tended to walk, it is about 10 minutes walk to Union Square and another 10 minutes in the other direction to the Ferry Building. The hotel staff were really helpful at advising us how to get places and also which cable cars to get on.

Our room was spacious and clean. I would recommend staying at this hotel if you can get it at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel was great! We arrived a little early & unfortunately we weren't able to check into our room right away, but the front desk did offer to hold our luggage for us. Everything was tagged & taken to a back area. The hotel is conveniently located near the embarcadero, so we didn't even need a taxi cab or to use our car (there is a parking structure just across the street.) There were so many restaurants, coffee houses, and attractions near the hotel! We went to a concert several blocks down (about a 15-20 min walk), so we called the front desk to ask if they could bring our luggage to our room & we would check in after the show. No problem at all! When we finally got to our room, we had a gorgeous view of both the city & the water. It was absolutely fantastic. The beds were so comfortable & everything was neat & clean & spacious. In the morning, as we were getting ready, we discovered my sister's makeup bag was missing. We called down to the front desk to report it & they apologized, looked for it & found it. Not even 5 minutes had passed from our initial report & they sent it up right away. No kidding- there was 0 wait time! Excellent customer service, very professional & accomadating. We were extremely happy with our stay here! Thank you Le Meridien!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank m w
Reviewed September 23, 2013

A great hotel right next to the Embarcadero center. It has good views of the area and nice modern rooms. I had an executive room with an office, a small balcony and a view over the street. This hotel is in the SPG network. A good option for a business trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've been to San Francisco a dozen or more times, but I'd never stayed in the Financial District. It always struck me as a boring area with only a few mega-chain hotels. Recently, however, the combination of tight availability (due to the Americas Cup) and the fact that I needed a room with two beds (which lets out most boutiques) led me to try Le Meridien San Francisco.

Le Meridien has a faint "corporate" feel, but the warmness of the staff and the spacious rooms (and beautiful views) more than make up for it. They placed me on the Starwood "Preferred Guest" floor (I'm a member, but rarely stay in Starwood hotels so I'm not exactly "elite" status), which had sweeping views over the Bay and Telegraph Hill. In fact, the view from my room was one of the best I've ever had, anywhere in the world. The front desk personnel were extremely helpful, particularly when I had to address an unexpected work emergency. The room decor was a little bland, but the room itself was comfortable, and the bathroom was large and spotless.

Contrary to what I had thought, the FiDi location is a plus, not a minus. The Ferry Terminal is about a 10-minute walk. Union Square shopping, Chinatown, and North Beach restaurants are all within an easy walk. I stayed at Fishermans Wharf on my last trip to San Francisco about a year ago, and I found the location of Le Meridien to be superior in all respects (not to mention avoiding all the awful tee-shirt shops and other tourist blight at Fisherman's Wharf).

Try Le Meridien. I think you'll like it.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bay side room on the highest floor available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I started our US trip in SF and could not have been more pleased with this hotel. The staff were always friendly and helpful, the room was spacious and had a superb view of the bay and the location was great, just minutes away from the Ferry Building and transport (the hop-on, hop-off bus stops right outside). Wi-fi in the lobby only was a little inconvenient but no biggy. Nice bar downstairs and plenty of eateries nearby. We wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel and recommend it to others, particularly if it's your first time in SF.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a high floor with a bay view (even if it costs a little more).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple