We booked our stay at the Le Meridien using an online vacation deal. I gave the hotel 4 stars since we thought the online deal was worth the stay. We were given a good discount on our hotel room, a complimentary drink at the bar and free valet parking. We arrived very early (9am) for check-in and they accommodated our early arrival and immediately gave us access to our room. Our room was located on the 13th floor, so we luckily avoided all the street and construction noise and we had great view of the streets below. I would recommend asking for a higher room floor.
I took away a star since the hotel was still under construction during our stay, so the main entrance was blocked off. This was somewhat inconvenient because you had to enter the side valet entrance and wait for a small elevator to take you up to the makeshift lobby and then take another elevator once inside to get to any floors in the actual hotel. We stayed at the hotel with two other couples and we all found the rooms to be nicely remodeled and the hotel staff were helpful with restaurant recommendations and places to tour in SF. The hotel is located in the Financial District, but we were able to walk to the Ferry Terminal, local restaurants, Chinatown, Union Square, and North Beach. We used nearby local transportation to visit farther neighborhoods such as the Castro District and Haight Ashbury. Keep in mind if you are staying at the Le Meridien for a vacation the local breakfast and lunch eateries are closed on the weekends. Overall, we found the rooms to be well updated and clean, although, a little small and the staff helpful. Just keep in mind you are located in the business district and to book after the construction is fully complete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 100% nonsmoking downtown luxury hotel offering clean, sophisticated style blending Italian marble, Australian lace wood, and modern decor. Elegant and simple in atmosphere, Le Meridien is conveniently located downtown near the Ferry Building Farmer's Market, Chinatown, North Beach, and Union Square. 360 guestrooms include 89 suites offering both city and bay views. Hotel offers 24 hour in-room dining, a restaurant and bar, complimentary exercise facility, and limited town car service. All guestrooms offer sumptuous duvets, CD players, in-room safes, High-speed Internet access, cordless phones, minibars, and movie channels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Le Meridien San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Meridien San Francisco
- San Francisco Le Meridien
- Park Hyatt San Francisco