Le Meridien San Francisco
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
Hilton.com
$274
$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$416
$254
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
$205
$189
Agoda.com
2,199 results
All reviewsthe financial districtferry buildingembarcadero centerstudio suitepark hyattbay bridgenice view of the baytransamerica buildingsliding doorfarmers marketbusiness hotelhigh floorfew blocksthird floorsitting areaconcierge deskgreat room
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at Le Meridien on the 20th floor. Had a great view from our balcony of the Bay Bridge. Located in the Financial District, it was a short walk to everything. Especially Tyler Florence's Wayfair Tavern (A MUST). I found it a little awkward that you have to get on two separate elevators to get to the ground. One elevator takes you from your floor to the lobby, then you get off, walk around the corner, and get on another elevator to take you to the ground. That was the only negative that I have. Once again, the location was great. A short walk to Pier 1, to which we caught a cab to take us to Pier 39, which was a lot of fun.
The hotel was great. Comfortable, and clean. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
kkehs1, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Hello,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I understand that our entrance is a bit awkward during our lobby restyling but the good news is we are almost done. We are very excited for our big reveal in just a few weeks. Please come and visit us again when it is done.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Before I say anything else, I must say, as stated below, I stayed at here in November 2012 before the remodel that I have seen affecting reviews of recent stays. Now that THAT's out of the way, let me say what an awesome property this is! As an SPG Gold, I'm ashamed to say this was my first Le Meridién stay, and what a great impression. I have a particular taste for minimalist design, and this property exemplified contemporary elegance. Check-In Service was wonderful, courtesy of Bernadette. Continuing the romance from a Napa Valley escape, this hotel had a super romantic feel that was perfect. We booked an Executive King and received an awesome room with a direct view of the TransAmerica building and Alcatraz Island. The room was well-appointed with a full mini-bar and spacious seating. The floor-to-ceiling windows are very engaging and really open up the room. The bed was awesome, with a leather headboard, and the bathroom was all-marble and comfortably sized, although counter space is very limited. As it was only an overnight stay, I did not have the opportunity to experience on-property dining or the fitness center. The location on Battery Street could not be better.

Only bad thing: slowwww elevator. I imagine this may be fixed with the remodel.

Also, you MUST check out the Espressemanté Illy espresso bar about 4 blocks up on Battery Street.

Room Tip: Many websites are very ambiguous about room type. I booked through American Express travel and had to verify it was an Executive King. Bay View Exec. King is the way to go!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here when the lobby was under construction so the entry and exit was a pain. Elevators (to the ground floor and to the rooms) took an unusually long time, which was also strange. The staff was quite unfriendly and not very helpful, and I am a Gold SPG member. The rooms themselves were nice, though, and it is one of the better locations in the financial district. Overall, I would've rather stayed a couple blocks away for better service and value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BaltimoreGuest123

Thank you for your feedback, I was very troubled to hear that your the staff encounters did not meet your expectations. It is very helpful for us to hear from our guests about our short commings and your feedback is very important. We will share this with the staff.

We are very excited about our new lobby and bar that will be revealed in late February and hope that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed Saturday through Sunday at this property, and it was very decent. The rooms were immaculate and clean. The lobby is currently undergoing construction, which makes it a little awkward (you have to use a service elevator to get into the building, and the front desk is makeshift). However, it doesn't technically make a huge difference for the hotel experience itself. We had two rooms, one with two beds and one king suite. The concept of having balconies in every room is awesome, and the beds/towels were awesome. The rooms didn't smell, and everything was peaceful.

Location of this hotel isn't the best, but it makes up for it in the availability of parking - including street.

However, one bad experience as follows: when we unloaded, we left our car in the loading area to take our bags upstairs. No more than 5 minutes later, we came back down. The Valet manager freaked out on us, saying that he had called for our car to be towed. However, we had clearly told another valet that we were leaving our car, and taking stuff up and would be back in 5 minutes, and he vigorously nodded. Because of the chaotic nature of their construction, they obviously didn't communicate. But it wasn't nice to yell at us for about 5 minutes either.

On the flip side, we were there for a marathon and they let us extend our checkout for about an hour so we could come back and shower. Unfortunately, bad service stands out more than good service. Therefore, I can't strongly laud the service of this establishment. It's up to management to ensure that the customers have a consistent experience, and we definitely did not.

Room Tip: I'd recommend 720, it's a king size room with a huge bathroom and balcony. In general, it appears that rooms with balconies are better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
kkehs1, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate the comments about the valet and will follow up with them on there service delivery. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and was not to disturbed by our restyling project. The good news is that our Lobby & Bar are scheduled to open mid-February and it is looking awesome. Please come back and visit with us once it is done.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. We got this hotel from Hotwire and we were not disappointed. Although we got it for a great price, we got upgraded to a studio. I don't really know why but this proof these guys treat every customer the same way, no matter what they paid for the room. I love this mentality. Big and clean room with great bathroom, view to the Bay Bridge, nice staff, great location. Highly recommended. They were renovating the lobby and they expect to finish it by the end of February. after that, this hotel will get even better. If you like Italian restaurant, I recommend Gio's in Halle Street. Really nice typical restaurant next door.

Stayed: January 2013

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and you are right we are expecting our lobby restyling to be completed by the end of February. We are so excited for our big reveal.