“Wonderful, cute, clean affordable motel in great area of San Francisco”
Review of Nob Hill Motor Inn

Nob Hill Motor Inn
Ranked #133 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Portland, OR
“Wonderful, cute, clean affordable motel in great area of San Francisco”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I was extremely impressed with Nob Hill Motor Inn. From the moment I arrived, the staff were helpful and friendly- providing me with maps, directions, and tips on where to eat. I was traveling on my own from a much smaller city and expected to feel overwhelmed, but this feeling dissipated within minutes of arriving. The room I was given was surprisingly roomy, and I could not believe how quiet the night I spent was- given that it was a busy motel in the middle of a big city. The biggest bonus was the very affordable price tag for such a nice place. I would definitely stay here upon returning to SF, and would recommend it to anyone else as well.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Great location, friendly service, clean rooms. Free parking a huge win. Loved my stay here, the only downside was as others said, the movements in the rooms above and beside were fairly audible. Bearably so, but slightly annoying. Free wifi was excellent! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
California
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I had a meeting to attend in San Francisco at University of Pacific. We stayed at the Nob Hill Motor Inn for two nights. It was clean, comfortable, had free parking, a good location, and nice owners. The owners were helpful and informative, and even let me borrow an umbrella for the rain. They provided donuts, pastries, fruit, coffee, juice, and water at the front desk area for breakfast. We stayed on the second floor in the back, which was quiet. There are plenty of restaurants and nice homes in the area, and we walked everywhere while we kept our car parked at the hotel. The hotel is small, simple, and a good bargain in San Francisco for the location and the free parking.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We stayed one night at this motel, it is SUPER clean. The staff was nice and the room was clean and nice. It isn't a fancy hotel so don't have high expectations. If you want a nice bed, clean bathroom, and clear picture on the tv this is the place for you! There are LOTS of channels on the tv and we also had a microwave/fridge which was a nice bonus. It is in a good neighborhood we walked around at 10pm and had no problems. You can catch the bus within a few blocks to all the tourist spots, you don't want to drive in the city!! FREE parking is the BEST thing about this place as it costs $40-$50 at other hotels. The free internet worked great as well. We didn't have the continental breakfast but it is a tiny table so i'm sure the pickings are slim. The parking spots are TINY as others stated. Overall I would DEFINITELY recommend this place to anyone who doesn't care for frills but wants to visit SF.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Hereford, England
Reviewed January 31, 2010

This is a lovely, great value motel (with free parking) in a central, happening area of the city where almost everywhere else will charge you $30-$45 per 24hr for parking. It is on a quiet street.
The couple who run the motel are very helpful and friendly and provide a little breakfast in the reception in the mornings. The room was really clean, parking area well lit, the bed comfy and there is an elevator, which I thought was great for a motel with such good prices. This place has everything you could want and expect from a motel, in a great location (a couple of blocks from a cable-car stop) and loads of restaurants and bars along Polk Street - just 200 meters away.
The only tiny bad thing was we were on the 2nd floor so could occasionally hear people moving about in their room above - avoidable with a 3rd floor (top floor) room I expect.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Stop looking! This is the one for your San Fransisco Trip. Beautiful large clean rooms, the friendliest hosts Frank and Judy and the perfect location in a lovely residential district with nice local restaurants and stores round it, and very safe. The free safe on site parking and free internet are an added bonus, you just can't beat this hotel for value and location.
Terry and Alma Price UK

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
tahoe
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Stayed here with my wife 11 y/o son and my mother. First off I'll say my son and I have stayed at many different budget hotels in san fran (<$100) and this place tops them all so far. Our room was very big with a microwave and small frig. I read a few reviews that criticised the area as "sketchy", ??? What? These reviewers must live in a gated community and not leave too often! Great area, with many food choices within a short, safe walk. My mother is afraid of her shadow but wasnt concerned in the least to take a 9:00 pm walk with me. My son and I skated till midnight in this very safe area. One critic complaind that this is a "motel". Umm, it has a sign in the pics that says "motel" As far as the critics of the parking here: ITS FREE! Other places we have stayed at, budget or not, we paid an average of $30-40/day for parking. This is San Fran not BFE Arkansas. To complain about these small, FREE, parking spots seems rediculous. There are not many free parking spots in SF. The area was quiet, and we never heard any street noise during our stay. Once again this is SF people! Kinda sounds like the negitive reviewers want a budget hotel price with Hilton lux. If so, pay for it. (no free parking at the hilton)
As far as Bfast, it was bananas, apples, and packaged paistries. Heard a lot of complaints about that before our trip. Man some people just love to complain, and to those people, go pay 3 times more plus parking and quit trying to get a Cadillac on Pinto money. This place is solid, and anyone who says otherwise is either a complainer, or not used to big cities.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family