“The Mosser is in a great location, easy walking to everything in Union Sq.”
Review of The Mosser

The Mosser
Ranked #89 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed December 7, 2010

We were treated so graciously by the front desk and by the housekeeping staff. Our room was extremely clean and spotless. We enjoyed the coffee/tea, muffins everyday in the lobby. Valent parking was great. Loved the eco-friendly products we found in the room. Also, appreciated the green efforts with conserving water.

Only complaint: mattress could have been more comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Mosser

Reviewed December 7, 2010

I often check into a room and think, "This place is bigger than necessary," but I have never seen a room as small as those at the Mosser. There's one lousy hook to hang your clothes. There's no place to use your laptop.

The wireless was just awful, too. It was as slow as dial up, and some sites just didn't work. The bed was uncomfortable as were the pillows. They felt old and overused.

The front desk guy seemed annoyed to have to do his job.

The worst part, though, was the overhead light in the room. It would turn on in the middle of the night. I know it did this at least twice per night.

If you need to get something downtown and nothing else is available, it will suffice, but avoid if at all possible.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2010

The Mosser was probably the most characterful hotel I have ever stayed at. Great staff, nice detailing in the design, excellent associated restaurant. I just can't get over the size of the rooms. I was in a deluxe queen with en suite. There was no cupboard or shelves for my clothes, very little space for my bag. I'm European and even I was surprised by the compact room.

On the other hand, it's bigger than a Tokyo hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Rarely do you read good reviews of a hotel and your experience exceeds them. My wife and I stayed at The Mosser for a week and loved it. We stayed in a deluxe room and allthough it was small there was plenty of room for two people. The hotel and room was immaculate at all times. The location was superb, one block from all transportation. Staff was very friendly and the price could not be beat. I look forward to coming back and would probably stay here again and again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

We stayed here for two nights on the first leg of our West Coast trip. You can get to the hotel easily from the Airport by the BART (like the tube) - it is right by the stop.

Sadly when we arrived we got mugged straight away (they can sniff a tourist), but the hotel staff went out of their way to help me and make me feel comfortable.

The rooms are TINY in this hotel, but that didn't ruin our stay in anyway, we had gone expecting it.

The staff make this hotel, late on our fist night I was jet laggede and couldn't sleep so wnated to watch TV - our remote control didn't work and so two members of staff came up and helped us fix it without any complaints.

The bar that links on to the hotel is great fun and is worth a drink in.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a long stay as the rooms aren't big enough but for a quick trip then this is great.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarahallum9
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Flying into San Francisco from another city to finishing up business meetings,I realized I had forgotten to book my hotel stay. I called the Mosser which is on my speed diaI and they managed to slip me in that night...........the whole town was full due to conventions packing the town....but they always come through! LOVE---LOVE this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Buisnessgirl
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I selected the Mosser Hotel based upon better than average to excellent reviews. Having stayed in many San Francisco hotels, both older and newer, I had expected smallish rooms and old time charm. I was sorely mistaken. I booked a 'Deluxe Queen' room, which was cozy to say the least. I can only imagine what size the standard rooms are. My room was at the back of the hotel just above the resturant back door area, which meant a lot of noise into the night. The room, albeit clean and modernized was not much larger than 9 x 12 and the queen bed filled most of that area. There was little lay down surface including a swing-out table attached near the bed and a small 18" round table in the corner of the room. The lights over the bed did not work properly either. The bathroom was so small that I had to actually stand in the bathtub to close the door. The staff were not friendly at all and glared each time I came in the front door. My advice is pay a few extra dollars and check into one of the other boutique hotels in the area. You will be much happier.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business