The Mosser
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zelos San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zetta San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
Axiom Hotel San Francisco(San Francisco)
Hotel Abri(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
The Herbert Hotel(San Francisco)
2,404 results
All reviewsshared bathroomprivate bathrooms are smallceiling fangreat locationunion squaremarket streetmoscone centerqueen roombart stationstreet noiseeuropean stylecomplimentary coffeeeach morningpublic transportationcable carheart of san francisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is a great hotel, very centrally located and very close to Powell StreetBART so direct from the airport. The room was on the smaller side, but how much time will you stay in the bedroom? The bed was very comfortable and clean, the room looked modern and the bathroom and toilets were always clean and tidy. They give you towels and lots of toiletries, allergy tablets, body lotions everything! I was suprised. The free muffins and coffee for breakfast was a great touch, and tasty too. The receptionists are nice and friendly.

All in all a great hotel to stay in for the price. I would definately recommended staying here if you're in San Francisco looking for a nice cheap place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank brainless69
Hillary M, Sales Manager at The Mosser, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Hi brainless69,
thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated! I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed the location of our hotel- I completely agree that our location is very central to majority of all the shopping in downtown and your key points of interest. I’m glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and our light complimentary breakfast—our restaurant bakes the muffins daily! Thanks again for your kind words and I hope to see you sooner than later.

Hillary M.
Sales Manager

Reviewed May 6, 2014

After months of deliberation I chose The Mosser for our 2 night stay in San Fransisco. We found it easily from the train station and to our delight were upgraded to a suite which was like a tiny apartment with two bathrooms, a living area and decent sized bedroom.
We were able to walk to the Pier straight through China Town easily and fairly fast and found a pharmacy, nice restaurants and shopping close by.
A couple of things were disappointing. The breakfast was just a few muffins on a tray in Reception. The staff forgot to book our airport transfer so we were waiting in the lobby for 40 minutes at 4am until another was called and we prepaid at least 6 months in advance but had to jump through hoops to prove it when checking out. The main issue I had was the lack of curtains. Our room faced the street and there was nothing to keep the street lights out, it was intense and after the first night of really broken sleep I literally had to go out and fins a sleep mask just to get some shut eye.
Not sure if I would stay here again but for our first taste of San Francisco it was definitely something very different and I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie K
Reviewed May 3, 2014

After searching and searching for a good hotel in a good location for a reasonable price, for SFO ;) i found The Mosser and from the experiences of other travellers i finally booked it! i've to say i couldn't have done better! it's in a really safe and nice location, you have busses, street cars metro, BART and cable cars just a few feet away! perfect area to start your sightseeing tour! Now to the room; i was really surprised how they made such a comfortable, private room with less space, you ahve a sink with fresh towels every day and different bathing articles and even something against headache, in some rooms (like mine) a closet, a really modern bed with 2 reading light. theres no AC but a really quiet fan! for breakfast they offer fresh coffe/tea with muffins! the shared bathroom was surprisely clean, even if so many people use it! Guys if u want a great hotel take it!

Room Tip: difficult to suggest a room! normally when you book normal single room u get one with a view in the yard, luckly i got room 603 where i had a cool view at 4th street...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Maximilian S

Hi Maximilian S,
thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed the location of our hotel. I’m glad you found our rooms to be comfortable—we really do strive to make the rooms very fresh and modern for our guests. Thanks again for your thoughtful recommendation and I hope you stay with us again soon!

Hillary M.
Sales Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had low expectation for the Mosser...any place that has shared bathrooms gives you an indication of what is ahead. I got a room with a private bathroom, but it still feels like a hostel.
No air conditioning meant that I had to have my windows open. This meant that not only was there a small security threat (one of my windows opened up to a shared fire escape), but the 4am garbage truck pickup woke me up from a nice sleep.

I would not recommend staying here if you have trouble sleeping since you will need to have the windows open in the spring/summer to get ventilation. Loud noises are not great.

I booked on Rocketmiles, so at least I got some good airline frequent flier points.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank busterbuster
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I don't understand how anyone can give this hoStel more than 1 Star!

Ok... maybe if you paid less than $100 you'd be happy...

Now I never write reviews, but I felt so disgusted by my stay at the Mosser that I feel like I have to share my experience.

There were hair on the "clean" towels, you can hear the conversation of your neighboors as if they were in your room, the radiator started banging in the middle of the night as if it's never been purged, the elevator is used ALL DAY LONG by the staff (It's always in the basement & the wait is eternal + I shared a ride with a toilet brush in my face...), the staff all seem to be interns from abroad & weren't really helpful - seems like the owners don't give them any power as their answer was always "I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about this" -, the duvet is not in a duvet cover (There's only a single sheet underneath so you always end up with the duvet on your face, which I'm sure isn't washed between every guest) and, .... there appeared to be seminal fluid on the bed covers (The ones they never wash)!!

And now for the personal story, I booked & prepaid a double room with a bathroom and paid $190 a night. I got there at 11pm and they told me they only had a queen bed with shared bathroom!!

So I would've had to share a bed with my colleague!?

I had to book a night on hotw*re for $200 !!

The next day they "Upgraded" us to a double bed for $30 USD extra (So $220 is what the room ended up costing me). The beds were smaller then "Full" size and there wasn't any room for our luggage. I sepnt the next two days jumoing over my suitcase to get to the door!

How the heck are they still in business?

Room Tip: Fitness center?
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business