The Mosser
$179
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$209
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$399
$189
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$237
$188
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$257
$200
  • Restaurant
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$256
$218
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
$405
$389
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
InterContinental
  • Room Service
$406
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
2,404 results
All reviewsshared bathroomprivate bathrooms are smallceiling fangreat locationunion squaremarket streetmoscone centerqueen roombart stationstreet noiseeuropean stylecomplimentary coffeeeach morningpublic transportationcable carheart of san francisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The only reason I don't give this hotel a 5 is because we had bad timing with housekeeping when we really needed. We should have requested housekeeping when we were out instead just hoping.

Now, we travel with a baby, so the smallness of the hotel room was really present. Good for us we have an awesome stroller that can turn into very small spaces. Otherwise, I won't recommend staying here with a baby unless you request a bigger room (a suite?).

Also have to mention that this was a Groupon deal, and it was really easy to book and didn't need to confirm our reservation (we did it anyways).

The staff is friendly, the bellman even told us where to find cheaper parking (on Mission and 4th). $32 per day compare to $45 per day at the hotel (not including tax).

There is coffee and some muffins to eat in the morning, but I wouldn't call it breakfast.

The location is really excellent, the metro station is really near if you gotta go places or if coming from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chiquibabe
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The room was small, as mentioned by other reviewers, but if you are there just to sleep this was not an issue. The staff were all very friendly, the room was very clean and the location was fantastic. We had a room that faced the mail street so we could hear the traffic, so if you are a light sleeper bring earplugs. We would return for sure.

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the mail street so we could hear the traffic, so if you are a light sleeper bring earplugs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed in a single (room 301) and was surprised to find I didn't mind sharing a bathroom at all.
My room was small, but perfect for one person. I booked through the hotel and my total ran $160 with tax. The hotel, my room and the shared spaces were super clean and well stocked. I will return to the Mosser again and I will do two things differently.

Thing 1) - I'll book through Orbitz or another wholesaler. My friend got the same room for $60 less.
Thing 2) - Bring a sleep mask. My room was so light at night from the alley lights next door that I could read with all my room lights out.

The location couldn't be better for what I needed. Close to BART, the cable car, embarcadero, etc. There is a fitness center guests are allowed to use across the street ($15).

Staff were unfailingly nice.

Loved the experience and will be back.

Room Tip: Single room 203 was nice and dark, bring a sleep mask for room 301
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CoastalBadger
Reviewed January 9, 2014

It was just big enough for me to sleep in while visiting San Francisco. After all, who wants to spend time in a hotel when in this city? It's located near enough to a cable car stop to make it really accessible to all that the city has to offer. I like the quaint room. Feels like a private dorm or a European hotel. I used the nice CD player in the room while getting ready to go out and see the sights. I felt very safe here, and the staff were very pleasant! For the price, you can't beat it, and I will definitely book here when I go again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank fionaruidh
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The time first I stayed at this hotel was about a month ago.
The first time impression of the hotel was that although my room was small (because my room was a sigle room) blackets, pillars,floors, and other items in and outside the room including the corrior of my floor were very clean and neatly replenished.
The room was also comfortable and warm too.
The workers in front desk were also friendly and nice to customers.
I was once in a trouble with making transactions with my credit card when I tried to check in.
However, senior employees were eagle to help me out in a friendly manner for me to get through the problem.
The location itself is non-comparable to any other hotels near this area.
Right beside the hotel there is powell station which cuts through the very center of the downtown of San Francisco.

Lastly, the fees are relatively cheaper than other hotels with same level.
You can sometimes book a nice single room with $65 in booking.com for example.

Room Tip: use a hotel booking website to find out as best price as you can to enjoy much bigger value of your stay and service than its price.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends