The Mosser
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
  • Room Service
$338
$185
$225
$208
  • Bar/Lounge
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$217
$189
$209
Courtyard
$195
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$309
$239
$279
$237
Westin.com
  • Room Service
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$415
$220
2,410 results
All reviewsshared bathroomprivate bathrooms are smallceiling fangreat locationunion squaremarket streetmoscone centerqueen roombart stationstreet noiseeuropean stylecomplimentary coffeeeach morningpublic transportationcable carheart of san francisco
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is day 3 of a 5 day trip, and I wish I could go home early because this hotel is so awful. The place seems designed to prevent a good night's sleep and I am so exhausted. The walls are paper thin and I can hear everything from the adjacent rooms and hallway. I asked the front desk for earplugs and they sent me on a midnight wild goose chase to buy some (eventually I got some from the Mariott across the street). Pro-tip: the bums leave you alone when you're weeping with exhaustion at 12:30am. The heat cannot be turned off. The light turned on by itself at 4am this morning. This room is trying to kill me via sleep deprivation. I almost tried to sleep on the lobby couch last night.

The room itself is tiny, and doesn't have a dresser. The bathroom is okay just small and the toilet is prone to clogging (other guests report the same). Breakfast consists of muffins and coffee, which is pretty okay. The wi-fi is surprisingly good -- easily the highlight of the hotel.

I'm a city-dweller who travels frequently. I've stayed in hotels and hostels all over the US and Europe. I very rarely leave negative reviews and tend to disregard 1-star reviews. But I had to leave something about the Mosser because the experience of staying here has pretty much ruined my enjoyment of San Francisco. I'll need to visit the city again and stay somewhere decent next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Georgia P
Hillary M, Manager at The Mosser, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Hello Georgia P.,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear that you had so many issues during your stay and I wish that you had brought these to my attention while with us so that we could have taken care of them and ensured your stay was truly Mosser Hotel caliber. I do appreciate your time for sharing your feedback; it is the best way for us to improve our operation. Regarding the ear plugs, I will let my management team know about your experience and we will find proactive solutions to prevent this from happening again. Our hotel has central heating and each room is equipped with a knob that can turn the heat on and off- we would be more than happy to show you if you had brought it to our attention. I do apologize for the lights switching on by itself- I am glad you brought this to our attention. I will definitely let our maintenance department know to check the lighting in each of the rooms to prevent this from happening in the future. I would like to thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you back to the hotel anytime so that you can experience what so many others have come to love.

Hillary M.
Sales Manager

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I've stayed ehere a couple of times now - the last as an over night in Octover 13. Its good, staff friendly, a stone's throw to Union Square and is virtually on the BART, so that it's easy to get to and from the airport. Breakfast of muffins and coffeee was good if you are not a big breakfast person. The room was clean, tidy,and the share bathroom and toilet wasn't an issue. I'd definitely stay there again if I am doing a short one or two night stay in San Francisco !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

the location is great! Walk to Union Square, BART (great for airport), street cars, cable cars, restaurants, shops.The hotel is 100 years old, refurbished and elegant. We switched rooms for a it more money, as the first room was so small that the bed and our luggage filled the room. Bathrooms were shared, which did not bother us. The second room was larger with an ensuite bathroom and more storage area, however the bed was much smaller and again there wwere no shelves or wardrobe, just a couple of hangers on the wall. Bathroom supplies were nice, so was the breakfast (good coffee and nice muffins, complimentary newspapers).

Room Tip: pay a bit extra for ensuite bathroom, which means the room is also bigger
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The rooms are small but as per usual in San Fran unless you've got $500/nt to spare. The hotel is quaint, clean, and very accessible from BART and easy access to Moscone Convention Center. I would recommend it, but book early if you're coming for a convention!

Room Tip: Book early if you need a double room and are coming for a convention!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. There was a large conference in town throughout our stay, meaning hotel prices everywhere were ridiculously expensive. The Mosser was within our price range, so we thought we'd give it a go. Considering it's only rated 2.5 stars I was very pleasantly surprised.

We had a room with a private bathroom. Room was fairly small - but not uncomfortable. The room was clean and all basic amenities were of good quality. Hotel is in a good location and it's easy to get anywhere using the cable cars.

The staff were polite and very friendly. The only downside is that there's just one lift, which is quite slow - so usually we opted to take the stairs (not a huge issue really and it gave us a bit of exercise).

I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a good value, central hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple