“Nice value option near Moscone”
Review of The Mosser

The Mosser
Ranked #100 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Portland, Oregon
“Nice value option near Moscone”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I usually stay at the Intercontinental when I attend events at Moscone, but due to a big sports event that week, the least expensive room I could get there was $500/night. That's just not in my budget. I stayed at the Mosser on the recommendation of friends. The location is just as good as the Intercontinental, if not a little better. The rooms are small, but clean. The staff is nice. Coffee and muffins in the morning is more than the Intercontinental offers. My only quibble is that there is no good place to work in the room: no desk or table. If it had that, I'd give it 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NWbySE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Recently stayed at The Mosser for 4 nights while on vacation. We reserved a twin room with an attached bath. The room was tiny, but workable, and the bathroom was huge. Pretty sure we were assigned to the accessible bathroom suite. Everything was clean, and the hotel had a really good location for catching public transport to the tourist areas. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: This hotel has no AC, so if you want to be able to keep the windows open at night, make sure you ask...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in one of the tiny rooms with a shared bath down the hall. My impression... I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very small but I was just there to sleep at night as I had meeting all day. If you were here on a family trip definitely splurge for a bigger room but it was perfect for one traveler.

The bed was really comfy, the furnishings were new and modern and most importantly the shared bath and shower were very clean. I'd stay here again for sure. The location wasn't my favorite part of town, but it is right in the middle of a lot of action if that's where you want to be.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Rooms are very nice, staff is GREAT. Really, really good location!! The city can be a noisy place to try to sleep, this hotel was quiet. Could hear the person beside me when I was walking down the hall, but not at all once I got into my room. Highly recommend the place. Good place if you're traveling by yourself, or with friends.

Deb from Vancouver

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the building, or south side, that way you can keep the windows open when you sle...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Deb D
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We reserved this hotel but we were preocupied about what we will face when we get there. And for our surprice we were very glad with the selection. The rooms are small but comfortable. We had private bathroom room. The washer sink is in one corner of the room outside the bathroom. But we were ok with this since the distribution of the space is fair. Notice that if you are overweight or very tall this may bother you. But in general the room and cleaniness are very good. We saw the sharing bath in our floor and they were very clean too and always available. And the price is great. The location is also a plus. Is is on the corner of Ross and Market Street. You will have everything you need at hand.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Pajarillos
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I love this hotel and we are already discussing our return! We were thrilled to get the corner room on the top floor - complete with dual aspect windows high over the wonderful SF street below.
We had avoided other hotels for fear of traffic noise but the double-glazed windows here shut it all out! The decor was simple and elegant and, thankfully, very clean. The facilities were modern and useful. I particularly appreciated the free branded toiletries which made you feel valued and the coffee table books of SF which helped us plan our days.
Tip: as others have mentioned, pay extra if you can for the en-suite. The bathrooms are lovely and convenient to have in the room, rather than sharing with others! The bed also was super-comfy!
The location is great - right near to the shops and trolley car line, which takes you straight down to the Piers (you may have to queue though!).
My only concern would be the lack of value parking - we had to pay $33 a day to leave our car in situ - be warned, but I guess it is to be expected with most city hotels. Also we would have appreciated more assistance with our bags from one of the conciereges upon our arrival at 1am, but others were fine and the cleaners and counter staff were great! Small gripes from an otherwise perfect stay!
Seriously, I am choosy so why look elsewhere?!

Room Tip: Charm the staff and tell them if it's a special trip - I found them really helpful, listening to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KPereira
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Late flight into San Francisco, trying to find a good deal once I landed. Happened upon The Mosser, got a room for under $100, in Union Square. Small but clean with nice amenities, did have to share bathroom but it was clean and updated. More European in style. Interesting collection of guest from businessman to students to international travelers. Held my bags for no charge while I explored the city ;->

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo