I spent three nights here on a business trip back to my former hometown. It was work-related and on my dime so I wanted to save some money. I choose this hotel because the price was right. Although the area around the hotel is crowded with tourists and a heavy number of panhandlers, it's super close to BART and Muni and all of the Union Square attractions, plus easy walking distance to the Financial District. I really enjoyed this hotel. It's a big, old building and I appreciated the way they've embraced the older elements of the hotel like the large stairs and wide hallways. My room on the 2nd floor was very large and very comfortable. It was pleasantly decorated and it and a decent bathroom and a table that was suitable for setting up my laptop and getting to work. I actually ended spending more time in the room than I intended to so I appreciated that it was comfortable and clean the television came with a full menu of cable channels. The lobby area was nice and the staff was friendly. This hotel pulls off being upscale and comfortable without being pretentious and at a really good price. I would recommend it and I think I would be stay there again. The only real downside is that there is not a gym. A good fitness center is a must for me. They do have an arrangement with a gym that's not so nearby but when you're traveling and you're busy and you need to workout, packing up a gym bag (if you have one) and going several blocks away to workout is not fun. But if that's not a major issue for you then the benefits here far outweigh any disadvantage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Vibrant. Urban style at the center of it all in San Francisco's Union Square. Ideal for both the leisure and business traveler, the newly transformed Hotel Abri is a modern day urban oasis featuring a sleek décor complemented by contemporary art and upscale amenities. The hotel's energetic vibe is delightfully balanced with a comfortable ease, offering guests a unique sensorial experience and the highest levels of hospitality and service. Hotel Abri offers personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. We are a dog friendly hotel, please note that a $75 pet fee will apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Abri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection San Francisco
- Hotel Abri Larkspur Collection