My husband and I stayed here for 1 night before a trip to Napa, and enjoyed our stay. For a first time in San Francisco, I thought this was a central location based on the reviews I had read. We were within walking distance to several restaurants and the original mason-powell cable car. After visiting Fisherman's Wharf, I'm still glad we chose the union square location as there is so much more to do in this area. The only downside/sad thing is lots and lots of homeless people in the area.
The room was small and I would compare it to the size of many New York hotel rooms; however, we were hardly in the room at all. The bed was really comfy and the bathroom/shower were a good size. There was also a large closet in the room. The only complaint was there was a musty smell on our floor/in our room. We requested a courtyard facing room and it was really quiet at night. If you're driving, just valet park for $40 if you don't want to deal with looking for a parking space/garage. There was one nearby but it was worth it to valet.
We ate at the restaurant Puccini & Pinetti connected to the hotel and had some delicious pizza and drinks. Great choice after a long day of walking around to have some place so convenient. We also appreciated having an umbrella to borrow for the rainy day!
Overall a great stay for a first time in San Fran!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Vibrant. Urban style at the center of it all in San Francisco's Union Square. Ideal for both the leisure and business traveler, the newly transformed Hotel Abri is a modern day urban oasis featuring a sleek décor complemented by contemporary art and upscale amenities. The hotel's energetic vibe is delightfully balanced with a comfortable ease, offering guests a unique sensorial experience and the highest levels of hospitality and service. Hotel Abri offers personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. We are a dog friendly hotel, please note that a $75 pet fee will apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Abri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection San Francisco
- Hotel Abri Larkspur Collection