“Great experience! Nice, friendly and exciting!”
Review of Hotel Abri

Hotel Abri
Ranked #50 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great experience! Nice, friendly and exciting!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room through TA on a last minute decision, and boy what a place to stumble on! As we arrive to Abri the front desk greeted me warmly. They couldn't find my reservation right away so we did end up waiting about 20 mins while they figured it out. But she upgraded us to a king size bed etc. and then asked if I wanted street side or an "interior" room. The room was clean, quaint, smelled funny, but what do you expect being in a building so old.
Love the robes! Anyways, around 2am the bar across the street let out and we were awakened to multiple fist fights from intoxicated bar patrons, a hit and run car accident, 5 police cars and 2 ambulance! Not bad! Being entertained by that kinda thing, we grabbed the popcorn and pulled up a chair. It was then I understood why the front desk clerk asked me if I wanted an "interior" room:) So if you are a light sleeper and want a guaranteed quiet night, I would take the clerk's suggestion! Also, do be aware of the high charge for parking at Abri...(The price that I booked through TA was excellent, so in the end I didn't mind paying the 40.00 valet parking fee)
We will be back! And probably on a saturday night so we don't miss all the fun around 2 am:)! I love San Fran!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you're looking for a place to stay for a night or two in the heart of SF, the Abri is a great choice. The lobby is nice, and I enjoyed the room. I only had a full size, rather than a queen bed, but as long as its just you or you + a significant other I think that's just fine. I also had no problems with noise and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was also well appointed. The front desk staff was pleasant and I think this is a hotel that absolutely nails the essentials, great for the young traveler.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cameron Park, CA
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is my third time staying at hotel Abri. The staff are always friendly and helpful. We stayed here for a thanksgiving getaway. The hotel was quiet, not a lot of people so we were pleased when the desk clerk upgraded us to a suite. The room was very clean and modern. The only thing that could be improved was the sofa, it needs to be replaced, wear was showing with hanging threads on the cushions. The parking is pricey @ $50 which is typical of most SF hotels. We could have self parked elsewhere, but I worry about my car being broken into and probably best just to valet at the hotel. This hotel location is perfect, so close to everything in union square, shopping, dining etc.

Room Tip: The suite is the best room, lots of extra space.
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Omg !! Love hotel abri !! I had a great time in SF !! Very nice and kind ! Very clean .. my room wasn't that small ! In the picture it shows smaller. Ever thing is near hotel..good restaurants near there. I'll recommend hotel abri to everyone :)

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, California, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We got there on Saturday and was greeted by a nice door guard and two great staff members at the desk. Checkin was painless since it was prepurchased through an affliaite booking site. The room was a little small, but it was very cozy. The room was very modern looking, and provided true HD TV. (although we did not even use it)

Great location, provided us with many options for walking around and window shopping before we left Union Square to our next destination. Very centrally located!! The bart station is only a block away

Parking was kind of a nightmare, it was 40 dollars a night, so we opted out and found another place a few blocks walking distance for cheaper.

Overall, this place was a great value! 88% on Tripadvisor + magnificent pricing.

Room Tip: If you are in a group of > 4 please opt in for a suite! It is a very small room :D
Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Abri is a very nice and modern hotel in an old building in the Heart of San Francisco. It is very tastefully decorated, clean and fresh. Interior rooms are quiet and will allow you a great nites sleep. Real HD TV, not just a big screen with SD TV. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Just got back from SF and eager to leave recommendation for Hotel Abri. Located just a couple blocks from Union Square, this will be our go-to place for future visits to the City. Its on a quieter street and easily walkable to Union Square, Market Street, street cars, and Ferry building. Interior is approachable modern with some rooms (not all, I'm told) have a small living room next to a bedroom. Each room has flat screen TV. Linens were great and bed was very comfortable. Roomy standup shower was a nice change from typical bathtub setup for most hotels. Staff was very friendly, helpful to give directions and cheerfully arranged shuttle service to airport. Nice Italian bar and grill next door as well. All this at a good rate (I shopped around.)

Room Tip: You can stay in the front of the hotel and get a 'view' of the street life but this also mea...