We arrived around 12 noon. Though check in wasn't until 3 pm or so, there was no issue with early check in. The staff was courteous and friendly. The room was nice though a bit small. The beds were comfortable. The location couldn't be better- close enough to walk to fishermans wharf, far enough to be away from the noise. One incident: The electricty went off one evening while three of us were trying to get ready to go out. I contacted the desk person. It took a long time for them to answer and when she did, she was completely frazzled with no explanation. It was off for about an hour or longer then came back on. I am still unsure of what occurred.
One more important detail: Parking is STEEP at the hotel @ $40 per night. However, it is difficult to park on the streets and alternate side street parking daily is enforced. If you have time to mess with it, it will save you some $.
There is a great little bar down on Fishermans Wharf called Lou's Restaurant & Blues Bar-- ask for Vince, great bartender. They also have a CD they are selling that is Awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION In the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, between two of San Francisco's cable car lines Near attractions, shopping, and 15 miles north of the San Francisco International Airport 1.5 miles from the San Francisco Financial District SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS 285 Deluxe Sleeping Rooms (including 12 Junior Suites and 1 Hospitality Suite) Five Floors Completely Renovated Guests Rooms and Meeting Space MEETING ACCOMMODATIONS Seven meeting rooms totaling over 6,000 square feet We can accommodate meetings and food & beverage functions for groups of 5 to 250 RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE FACILITIES Casual dining in a full-service restaurant, Spada EXTRAS tComplimentary Limousine Service to Financial District (7 a.m. – 9a.m., Mon – Fri) Health Club with Sauna (24-hour access with guestroom key), located on the second floor Gift Shop, open daily 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Fully-stocked Honor Bars in Each Guest Room Handicap Accessible Rooms Safety Deposit Boxes Available Iron, Ironing Board and Hairdryers in Each Guest Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriott
- Marriott Hotel San Francisco