San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
$223
$198
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$416
$254
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
$205
$189
Agoda.com
1,540 results
All reviewsfisherman's wharfgreat locationghirardelli squarebreakfast buffetwithin walking distancevalet parkingper daytwo blocksshort walkcable carlombard streetwould stay here againfitness centercoit towerthe golden gate bridgepublic transportationthe financial district
Reviewed December 28, 2008

We got a nice deal of $75/ night on Priceline. Going rate on hotel's website was $169. All the rooms are non-smoking. The room is a decent size, nice and clean with a coffeemaker, fridge, free newspaper everyday. The beds are the absolute most comfortable beds ever, even more comfortable than the 5-star beds we had in Vegas. It's not really a pillowtop bed, but they put a very comfy cushion that made it so so comfortable. The carpet is a little dated but not a dump. TV is old tube but we didn't care for it. Front desk was extremely helpful with our questions. You can print borading passes in the reception too. No internet in the room but you can connect downstairs in their email stations. Buffet was pricey at $20pp. Go next door at Denny's inside Holiday Inn for a cheaper breakfast. Location of this hotel is fine. If you are looking to stay at Fisherman's Wharf, I suggest you try Priceline so you'll get the best bang for your buck. All the hotels in this area (Sheraton, Holiday Inn, Hyatt, Radisson, Argonaut, Tuscann Inn etc.) are close and walkable to one another, so it doesn't matter which one you get.

We ate at Sabella and Trattore, kinda like a local's place just beside Alioto restaurant . Food is cheap and great but general ambience is lacking and the area is filthy. Franciscan Restaurant just across is classy but expensive. The views are spectacular but the menu lacks lobster. We had the halibut and sturgeon and they were cooked to perfection. The best oyster we had was in the marketplace in the Ferry building where they give you a container and sell each piece for $1.50 and then you can sit down there and devour it. Freshest oyster we ever had! WE did this after taking the San Fran Comprehensive shuttle tour (highly recomended).

Overall, San Francisco is very romantic, I would go there again in a heartbeat! I wouldn't mind staying at Marriott again!

Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank yam1976
Reviewed November 25, 2008

The Marriott is a good, decent choice in the Fisherman's Wharf area. The hotel is centrally located in the wharf, but away from the main street. Close enough to waterfront, but away from all of the noise. Also close to the cable car turnaround. The Fisherman's Wharf area is very touristy, with the atmosphere of a seaside town more than a big city. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are decent and clean, but, could definitely use some updating.

While not the most luxurious hotel around, it is a solid choice and would recommend it if you get a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank dannycarlucci
Reviewed November 23, 2008

Stayed 2 nights.
Pros: location, clean large room.
Cons: free internet only in the business center which has only 2 computers with a sign (15 minutes per guest only). No pool, no sauna, no whirlpool.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank KOE-KTO
Reviewed November 20, 2008

After a lengthy walk with luggage from our streetcar dropoff to the hotel (not knowing exactly how to get from point A to B), my wife and I dragged into the front lobby and up to the man behind the counter. "He'll help you over there," he told us, and pointed to someone speaking to another young man. We stood at the ready, clutching our bags, tired, and then all three of them walked away and out of sight. I looked around, there was an older man sitting at a desk staring at his computer screen, obviously oblivious to guests. Thankfully, at this time a woman came out and started filling a cash register. She was human, told us she'd be right with us, and remarked about how everyone disappeared just now.

As for the rest of the stay: The room is small but clean, a rather neutral place to spend time. The view out the window is of a bus stop and an office building, and one of the many local homeless. There are no amenities to the room save for the daily USA Today and the $4.50 bottle of water. You'll probably try to do what we did and buy a gallon of drinking water from the Walgreen's down the street. Don't- it tastes like melted plastic. We drank 2 of the $4.50 bottles in desperation. If you do buy, at least stick to the better stuff and avoid the Walgreen's brand. Anyway, back at the hotel, there is a coffee bar available in the morning downstairs, serving traditional Starbucks fare at traditional prices, tip jar intact. We didn't use the in house restaurant; instead opting for the known evil of Denny's located in the Holiday Inn a couple doors down, which was fairly expensive, as is basically everything at the Wharf.

At checkout we saw that we'd been charged for a movie we supposedly ordered; we didn't, but maybe one of us mistakenly punched "Buy." In any case the check out was nicer than the check in, and the nice lady (a different one than before) easily took the movie off.

In summary: If I visited the Wharf again I probably would stay there once more, although I'd be willing to bet all the hotels are about the same and I'd be tempted to try something different. Not a bad experience, but not really a memorable one.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goosehonker
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I was in San Fran for 5 days attending a conference and pretty much everything in the city was booked by the time I found out I was going there. So the rate I got here was $289 USD/night.
If I had been paying that myself, I would probably have been disappointed, as this property isn't really up to par with the bigger urban Marriotts.
The room was just average (and actually, come to think of it, a little noisy (my room was on the fifth floor, overlooking North Point Rd), but the bed was very comfy..
The hotel is conveniently located for the Fisherman's Wharf and North Beach areas and the staff is great. The wired internet in the rooms is $12.95 per 24 hours and the speed is adequate.
The front desk staff and the doormen were very friendly and efficient.
I had to use the business centre a few times and it is open 24/7 an accessible with your room key. It's small, but the computers they have there are decent.
I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant or use their fitness facilities.
If you're into Indian food, just down Columbus Ave. is Kennedy's Irish Pub, which also has a full Indian food menu. Strange as it may sound, their food is really, really good. I ate it twice while I was there. They deliver.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Moffman