Location wise, you cannot beat it if you want to be able to walk to Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Ghiradelli Square, restaurants,Lombard Street, Coit Tower, Hyde/ Powell Cable Car, North Beach, etc... We had a 6 & 10 year old and aside from the trolley car up to Chinatown, we walked everywhere ... and easily.
Additional plus is that the staff in this hotel is extremely friendly and accommodating - and I mean everyone! We arrived after a long day of travel to a very bubbly and kind front desk. Jarred was ridiculously helpful with restaurant tips, walking suggestions, etc.. and the concierge put together an amazing itinerary for us complete with suggested times, phone numbers and printouts with directions. The valet was also fast and attentive - although the parking fee is steep at $50 per night - and always had our car waiting for us when we came downstairs.
Room wise, we had a Junior Suite with a courtyard view and found it to be perfect four our family of four. City noise was not an issue, it had King bed, a pullout sofa plus space for a roll a way and we all slept. Also nice was that they included breakfast for 3 (not 2!) since we are platinum with Marriott and a concierge lounge is not on site.
Overall, great place to stay and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION In the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, between two of San Francisco's cable car lines Near attractions, shopping, and 15 miles north of the San Francisco International Airport 1.5 miles from the San Francisco Financial District SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS 285 Deluxe Sleeping Rooms (including 12 Junior Suites and 1 Hospitality Suite) Five Floors Completely Renovated Guests Rooms and Meeting Space MEETING ACCOMMODATIONS Seven meeting rooms totaling over 6,000 square feet We can accommodate meetings and food & beverage functions for groups of 5 to 250 RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE FACILITIES Casual dining in a full-service restaurant, Spada EXTRAS tComplimentary Limousine Service to Financial District (7 a.m. – 9a.m., Mon – Fri) Health Club with Sauna (24-hour access with guestroom key), located on the second floor Gift Shop, open daily 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Fully-stocked Honor Bars in Each Guest Room Handicap Accessible Rooms Safety Deposit Boxes Available Iron, Ironing Board and Hairdryers in Each Guest Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriott
- Marriott Hotel San Francisco