“Great locale”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Great locale”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Hubby and I had to be in San Francisco, and for business he was booked here. The location of this hotel is great, very convenient to several shops and restaurants at Fisherman's Wharf. Our room was pretty average, nothing super special but it was clean. Room service did a good job. All the staff we encountered were all very nice with the exception of one of the bartenders in the lobby. He was as about as friendly as a stop sign. Everyone else we encountered were very friendly. I would stay here again due to its proximity to Fisherman's Wharf.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Willie V, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Tamstrat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay.

We are glad that you liked our location, clean rooms and our friendly staff. We are indeed very lucky to have a team of professional and caring associates, and as you pointed out, a great location.

I will make sure to share your feedback to our entire team.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit. If I can be of any assistance, please feel welcome to contact me.

Warm regards from all of us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The room was great. The lobby had a very nice, modern design. Great location, where you could easily walk to Starbucks or Fisherman's Wharf. The only downfall was the $50 a day parking. I'd stay here again for the location alone.

Room Tip: We stayed facing an inner courtyard, so be aware that this exists.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Neville H, Front Office Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Kikikarpus:

Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel’s location and your impression of our lobby area.

We are very happy to hear that you were impressed with our location and especially the proximity to all of the attractions that were important to you.

We are always seeking opportunities to improve on our service and product and your comments will be used as a guide to foster our commitment to our valued guests.

We look forward to your next visit to our beautiful city by the bay and, more so, as a guest at the Marriott San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf where we will continue to create memorable experiences for all of our guests.

Thank you.
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip in the area. The location is great - two blocks from Fisherman's Wharf and only a 15 minute drive to the financial district. The hotel staff is very friendly and the concierge provided some good restaurant recommendations in the area. The hotel lobby is nice and up-to-date. The rooms are a good size but the bathroom was a bit small and the shower could use an update. I could hear traffic outside the room in the early evening and morning but it didn't bother me. The premium internet connection left something to be desired. Overall, I had a nice stay and would stay here again in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank FlyonTime
Neville H, Front Office Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Flyon Time:
Thank you so much for the kind words about the service and location of our hotel. It is always great to hear positive comments about our service and especially our staff performance providing memorable service.
We are very happy to hear that you were so impressed with our location and service; your next trip will bring you back to our hotel.
Thank you.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend. The location is perfect. The people who work here are incredibly helpful and friendly. Was worried about street noise but not an issue. Wore ear plugs at night when sleeping. Easy walk to cable car pick up to downtown for shopping. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank qtpiemi
Willie V, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Hello qtpiemi,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are very pleased to hear of your wonderful experience.

Thank you also for recognizing the helpfulness of our staff and our perfect location. We are indeed very proud to have both a very caring team and a great property. Most of all, we are very happy to be a part of your memorable experience of the beautiful City by the Bay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to San Francisco.

Warmest regards from all of us at the San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf.
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I checked in on 2/21. Our room was immediately available which was nice. We checked in I was told my price was $40 MORE per night that I had booked. I had to spend 20 minutes going through my emails on my phone looking for my original booking email. I found it and it had the price I said it did. The front desk lady looked in the history of my booking and said that someone at the hotel changed my price because Marriott had a the wrong price offered. NO ONE ever contacted me. Pretty sneaky if you ask me. I can't imagine that being legal either! Left a bad taste in my mouth.
We proceeded to check into the room. The room was perfectly nice. Clean room and very comfy bed. It was nice having a mini fridge. The toiletries weren't that great quality but the room and decorated well and comfortable.
The location is great. A very short walk to Pier 39 and little Italy for dining.
The lobby is decorated well and modern.
Amy at the front desk is so sweet and informative. She gave us great dining selections every night. She is truly and asset to the hotel. Jaret was very helpful as well!
In the lobby every night they have fresh baked cookies. I had one each night!
I would stay here again but was very upset about the booking problem. I still haven't heard from anyone at the hotel in regards to this.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have views. I think a high floor would be better.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OCBrittany
Willie V, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear OCBrittany,

We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your check-in. We want to address the issues on your reservation. Please know that our hotel does not change any confirmed room rate. If you would please contact us at the hotel at your soonest convenience, so that we may know how this occured and what we can do to resolve it.

We also want to thank you for your kind words about our Front Office Associates Jared and Amy. We always appreciate it when guests take the time to acknowledge the professional efforts of our staff.

We would love for your to consider us again next time your travels bring you back to San Francisco. When this occasion arises, please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel so that we may assign a room based on your preference, and extend you rhe very best available rate.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here with my kids (13 & 8) to show them around SF. This was a perfect spot for Alcatraz, the wharf, cable cars, ferry to Sausalito. We had a great time! Highly recommended! Great staff! Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 3Jenni
Willie V, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Hello 3Jenni,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience from your recent stay.

We are very pleased to hear that you and your kids had a great visit to San Francisco. It always makes us proud knowing we were a part of wonderful travel experiences like yours.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to San Francisco.

Warmest regards from all of us at the San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel is located a few blocks from the Fisherman's Wharf. I was very pleased with my room, although a microware would have been nice to have.

I did encounter some staff persons that were not as friendly as others, but I guess that is to be expected.

Overall, you will not be disappointed with staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Eye004
Hello Eye004,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at our hotel. Our property is indeed located right in the heart of the Fisherman’s Wharf, and within walking distance from the famous North Beach district, Chinatown, Embarcadero, and more.

We are very pleased to know that yo enjoyed your stay. I will make it a point to share your comments with everyone in our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the City by the Bay!

Warm regards from all of us,