Went a last minute trip to San Francisco for a conference @ the Marriott Fisherman's wharf. The last time I was @ this property it was almost 25 years ago. Well not much has changed in my opinion about the wharf. Still a great place to check things out and enjoy the the views of the bay.
As to the hotel. Thank God it has been redecorated. But if my memory failed me, I could swear that the same light fixtures where still in use. Besides that the hotel looks slightly dated or should I say worn. but given the amount of people who come through the doors it is in remarkable shape.
The staff is out standing! A true multicultural experience.
My room was the standard king room. Carpet was slightly worn but clean and the room smelled very clean. The bathroom was spotless and had the flare that I have come to expect from Marriott. The bed was comfortable, but I would have liked softer sheets. But I am an old fart!
The view from the room is excellent. Ask for a bay view room if price is not of concern.
The bar is something to behold. It is currently the choice of upper end of the cities elite. Stop by have a drink and enjoy the show! It was full of East Coast Academics trying to mix!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf. Our LOCATION in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, between two of San Francisco's cable car lines near attractions and shopping, and 15 miles north of the San Francisco International Airport, is ideal. Enjoy our Fisherman's Wharf hotel's perfect setting just 1.5 miles from the San Francisco Financial District. SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS 285 Deluxe Sleeping Rooms (including 12 Junior Suites and 1 Hospitality Suite) Five Floors Completely Renovated Guests Rooms and Meeting Space MEETING ACCOMMODATIONS Seven meeting rooms totaling over 6,000 square feet We can accommodate meetings and food & beverage functions for groups of 5 to 250 RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE FACILITIES Casual dining in a full-service restaurant, Redfin EXTRAS Fitness Center (24-hour access with guestroom key). Handicap Accessible Rooms Safety Deposit Boxes Available Iron, Ironing Board and Hairdryers in Each Guest Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriott
- Marriott Hotel San Francisco