1,392 results
All reviewsunion squarecalifornia kingmolton brown toiletriesboutique hotelturn down serviceapple storedeluxe roomcomplimentary coffeeper daysmall hotelfront desk stafffour seasonsheart of san franciscowonderful hotelthe location is perfectgrand hyattcorner room
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Splendid ambience and service. Almost meets the elegance of Taj hotels in India. Breakfast in the Michellan starred restaurant was exquisite. Rates do become affordable once in a while. Location is hard to beat.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sri K
Corinna_Luebbe, General Manager at Taj Campton Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Dear Sri K,

Thank you for staying with Taj Campton Place and I am thrilled you had an enjoyable stay and breakfast with us! It sounds like you are a true Taj supporter and we very much appreciate your patronage at Taj hotels around the world!

Reviewed December 5, 2017

Taj group runs luxury hotels in India where I have stayed and so tried this location in Union Square. Excellent service. Comfortable luxury room with fantastic deep bathtub. Loved that I could enjoy an Indian menu ( especially at breakfast) and of course regular as well. a good choice for a nice weekend stay

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Folkgroupie

Dear Folkgroupie,

Thank you for your great support of the Taj brand! I am thrilled you had an enjoyable visit with us and we will look forward to welcoming you back to San Francisco and Taj Campton Place sometime very soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

Everyone on the staff from the concierge to the front desk to house keeping were so positive and polite that it really made the service experience so great.
The location was fantastic, right next to Union square so it was quite convenient to get around. Finally, small details like the toiletries being Molton Brown, touches like slippers and robes available in the room made for a comfortable stay.
Management may want to think of making getting on the WiFI more convenient. Not sure why one has to provide email AND cellphone just to get on the network. On the room promo, it says free limo within SFO, it doesn’t say they have one car and it’s first come first serve and it’s available from 5:30pm to 8pm so good luck getting one! Lastly, the room layout with small things like hooks being in the wrong place, no place to hang towels when showering or not enough wall plugs while small nits can be slightly irritating.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Corinna_Luebbe, General Manager at Taj Campton Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Dear SACHIN M,

Thank you so much for the kind review of your recent stay at Taj Campton Place! It is our pleasure to provide small conveniences such as the Molton Brown amenities and slippers placed by the bed at turndown service. Thank you for your comments on the WIFI and I understand the extra steps can be inconvenient. Please bear with us as we strive to offer the most secure WIFI possible while at the same time making the process user friendly. I really appreciate your comment on the towel hooks and I will personally look into other options to enhance the in-room comfort for our guests. I wish you safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2017

The Taj Campton is perfectly positioned in Union Square. Very friendly and knowledgable staff, and a well appointed smaller hotel. There is a lovely Michelin Star Restaurant onsite but also being in Union square and only a couple of blocks from Chinatown, dining options are unlimited. I'll be back next time.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Richard W

Dear Richard W,

We are thrilled to hear you will be returning to stay with us on your next visit to San Francisco! We do enjoy a fabulously central location! Thank you for the kind comments on our staff as they are really the heart of soul of the hotel. Thank you again and safe travels!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

I am a travel writer and travel TV host and stayed at this property a few weeks ago. Everything was perfect. The doorman who greeted us by name when I walked through the door - every time! the front desk staff made checkin simple speedy and accommodating. My beautiful room with stunning amenities including a clever metal bento box to greet me upon arrival. Super comfy bed and pillows.

There is a 2 Michelin star on-property restaurant which serves an amazing multi-course meal...each dish is a work of art. All under the direction of superstar executive chef - Srijith Gopinathan.

Even the coffee and muffins in the lobby every morning was a special delicious touch...

I believe all this marvelousness is because the property is lucky enough to have the very accommodating and lovely GM Corinna Luebbe. Thank you Corinna for making my stay unforgettable!

Room Tip: Pick a room on higher floors for the view and to be above the lights of the billboards
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Dear KerriZane,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous stay and that you enjoyed Chef Sri’s signature Cal-Indian cuisine fusing hyper-fresh Californian produce with the depth and complexity of Indian spices.
I really enjoyed meeting you and having you stay with us and hope to see you soon again on your next visit to San Francisco.