1,389 results
All reviewsunion squarecalifornia kingmolton brown toiletriesboutique hotelturn down serviceapple storedeluxe roomcomplimentary coffeeper daysmall hotelfront desk stafffour seasonsheart of san franciscowonderful hotelthe location is perfectgrand hyattcorner room
Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

Based on the good rating in booking.com I was really disappointed by the hotel. I was given a worn room with outdated furniture, there's a constant high-pitched noise from air-conditioning or the fridge, and if the neighbor has his tv on you can hear it clearly through the wall. The views they show for the king rooms in booking.com are not actually available for normal king rooms, which should be clearly stated. The view from this room is toward a very close concrete wall.

I travel a lot for work and have stayed in SFO several times in 4-star hotels with much nicer rooms and city views. This is by far the lowest quality stay I've had in Union Square hotels. I'm astonished that a five star hotel can have such quality differences in their rooms, being a boutique hotel with "unique" rooms is no excuse.

The smooth service complimented by most reviews here is accurate, but it doesn't outweigh the bad room quality. When addressin the front desk about the room quality and noise, they said there's nothing better available for the upcoming 4 nights. I really regret booking such a long stay here when there are many better options in the area. Please indicate CLEARLY in room reservations what type of room the price includes if you list such outdated rooms restricted to low floors with wall views.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Anna R
Corinna_Luebbe, General Manager at Taj Campton Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2017

Dear Anna R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay with Taj Campton Place and please accept our sincere apologies. We notice you are still in house with us and have been trying to get in touch with you to ensure that you are comfortable in your new room. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at Cmpgm.sf@tajhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

When we arrived, my initial impression was of disappointment! There isn't much of a lobby and the room was quite small. We had just visited Vegas and by comparison our room there had been palatial. But as soon as we had lunch in the Bistro, our impression changed. We travel between 8-10 weeks a year, and I can't think of another hotel that has such an amazing staff. Jennifer in the Bistro is delightful. The other waiters were equally professional and kind! The doorman was also so friendly and helpful. Whoever is recruiting staff is doing an exceptional job. We are so happy we had an opportunity to stay 4 nights. Kudos to the staff!

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Corinna_Luebbe, General Manager at Taj Campton Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2017

Dear Laura A,

Thank you for choosing Taj Campton Place on your last visit to San Francisco and for taking the time to share such a lovely review! Our staff is truly the heart and soul of the hotel. Guest engagement and satisfaction takes the highest level of importance and we do strive to deliver that essence we like to call “Tajness” to our wonderful guests. I will share your kind remarks with the staff and I do hope to meet you in person on your next visit to San Francisco!

Reviewed January 25, 2017

From the moment you approach Taj, the doors are opened for you, and are sincerely welcomed in, this small elegant 5* Hotel.
The beautiful flowers in the lobby are absolutely fresh and beautiful.
Rooms are well appointed with comfortable beds, outstanding linens and amenities.
An absolute must is the restaurant, Campton Place, ** Michelin.
Memorable breakfast, Nd outstanding degustation Indian influenced menu.
I will definitely return when traveling to SF, and look forward to visiting other Taj properties.

Dear A B,

I was so pleased to read your review today on Trip Advisor regarding your last stay at Taj Campton Place! Obviously, there are many moving parts to coordinate a thoughtful, luxury hotel experience and I am delighted you had a lovely stay with us. It would be my pleasure to meet you on your next visit, so please do reach out when your travel plans are in place. In the meantime, all of us at Taj Campton Place wish you a healthy and happy New Year!

Reviewed January 25, 2017

This was our first stay at this hotel. It did not disappoint. We paid more than we usually do for a hotel in San Francisco, but it was a delightful stay. The attentiveness was apparent from the doorman to the desk agent to the housekeeping team. When we asked for ice, they were at our door within 5 minutes each time. When we booked online, we were given a King room and we asked at check-in if we could be upgraded to 2-Queens, which the desk agent did happily and without an extra charge. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear amysW8158KR,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Taj Campton Place! Our rooms with two beds, (of which we have just a few), are in high-demand, so I am so pleased to hear we were able to fulfill this request upon check in. I will pass along your “kudos” to the entire team. We sincerely appreciate your patronage and your support when you recommend the Taj Campton Place to your family and friends. We hope to see you again sometime very soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2017

great location but just average beds.Rooms are small and on the verge of needing aremo. Service is excellent and very quiet hotel. Restaurant is superb and easy. I would come back and ask for a newer bed.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear jrzsandiego,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Taj Campton Place on Trip Advisor! Your impression of the hotel is very important to me and I would like to learn what room number you stayed in so that I can evaluate the bed in that room. We typically receive positive comments on the comfort of the beds, so it concerns me that you did not find your bed suitable. You may contact me at the Cmpgm.sf@tajhotels.com. I am pleased you will be coming back to visit us and I do hope to be able to greet you in person on your next stay! Thank you again!