Stayed last 4 days in August on business trip. Location is excellent - central to shopping/eating/attractions. Checking in/out was very quick and courteous. The foyer is very impressive. Got Kingsize room on second floor (quiet for a second floor) - very good sized room. Nice view over Bay area. Room spotless. Had tea making facilities and lots of tv channels. The minibar was very large but quite expensive - 4USD for a bottle of water .
I would recommend calling help-desk for wireless internet connectivity. My European bank called at 4am to notify me of uncharacteristic authorizations on my credit card - this was caused by me trying to pay for wireless access through their site and repeatedly telling me that my card was declined when in fact authorizations were put through. I then had problems trying to get an outgoing connection from the hotel phone to stop my bank from freezing my card but eventually it was resolved.
Breakfast is not cheap at 26USD (+tip) for the buffet. Unless you've got an huge appetite, I would recommend ordering off the menu or going elsewhere.
I had dinner on one evening - fillet steak - although reasonably priced, it was quite bland and there were only about 4 other people in a sizable dining area (the chicken starter was quite poor). San Fran has some great places to eat so do not eat dinner in the hotel.
I didn't use the gym facilities but take a walk around hilly San Fran with it's spectacular views and you won't need any other exercise.
For business trips, I would recommend the Hyatt but might be a bit pricey for a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 804-room Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the City's only luxury waterfront hotel with breathtaking bay and city views. Ideally located for business and leisure, the hotel is in the Financial District, and close to all major city attractions, and located across the street from the renovated historical Ferry Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Francisco