The location of the Hyatt was perfect for us. We were able to return our rental car here and we were right next to the Ferry Building, cable-cars, the trolley, BART and muni-buses. Across the street was a Walgreen's and there were plenty of restaurants nearby.
The hotel was a mixed bag for us. On one hand, the service we received (especially from the concierge) was excellent and the general grounds, notably the atrium, were well maintained. However, our room was not up to standards for a four-star hotel as this is rated. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Belleview, WA last year and it had an excellent room. We expected a similar room at the San Francisco location but we were mistaken. The room was old and worn. It looked like it was an excellent room about 10 years ago but you could tell it was worn down. The carpets were stained and the shower tub had mildew. The balcony and door leading out to it were dirty. The bedding itself was nice and new but the mattress was terrible as it sagged horribly. Ironically, there was a card on the desk in the room touting the Hyatt beds. Also, our room had a connecting door in it and on our third night we could hear our neighbors quite well. Thankfully they quieted down and we were able to get to sleep.
If I were to rate the hotel on the room alone I would give it 2 stars for being rated a four-star hotel. The location and service were excellent for us and this warranted giving the hotel an overall "average" rating. I would consider staying here again but would look at other options in the same area first. I cautiously recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 804-room Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the City's only luxury waterfront hotel with breathtaking bay and city views. Ideally located for business and leisure, the hotel is in the Financial District, and close to all major city attractions, and located across the street from the renovated historical Ferry Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Francisco