I loved staying here. I was unsure when I booked it, because back in the 80s this part of town was dead after 5 p.m. Not anymore. After the '89 earthquake did it's damage to the raised highway that threaded along the waterfront/piers, it was demolished. Since then the area has been rehabbed and the Ferry Building just across the street is super accessible and full of great shops and eateries.
This area of the city is now a prime destination when in S.F. Beautiful walking area, great views of the bay bridge, easy to catch the BART or buses. Excellent restaurants nearby. If you are on business in the financial district, you can't go wrong with the location. Gorgeous lobby, great restaurant.
Downside: the staff was not very friendly. In fact, they were borderline rude at the front desk and concierge. Hyatt needs to level-set their team and remind them that customer services is about making guests feel welcome and comfortable. But, aside from that, I loved it and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 804-room Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the City's only luxury waterfront hotel with breathtaking bay and city views. Ideally located for business and leisure, the hotel is in the Financial District, and close to all major city attractions, and located across the street from the renovated historical Ferry Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Francisco