I did not find this hotel as bad as some of the comments that were written. I had a great room with a view on the 6th floor that overlooked the ferry building and the bay. I found my room to be very nicely appointed. The bathroom was nice with an outside sink seperate from the toilet and shower. The beds were nice along with the sheets and blanket. The TV was a nice flat screen although, we did not watch a whole lot of it.
The location is good and yes, transportation is bountiful right outside the door. The one down side I feel is in the evening all of the little eateries around closed at 4 or 5:00pm. If you wanted a dinner you couldn't pick up a quick bite to eat right outside the hotel. I was told we were in the financial district.
And yes, I was there for a convention that had 600 in attendance, so it is a huge convention hotel.
I was able to walk easy to catch the Alcatraz boat. Wonderful tour!
Which was about about a 15 walk.
Overall, Good Experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 804-room Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the City's only luxury waterfront hotel with breathtaking bay and city views. Ideally located for business and leisure, the hotel is in the Financial District, and close to all major city attractions, and located across the street from the renovated historical Ferry Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Francisco