“Triple fail.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Yeshwantpur, India
“Triple fail.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great location, great atrium. Full stop. Apart from that this hotel was disappointing. My room to Market Street was noisy in the late evening and for early morning on (due to constructions); the towels were smelling as coming directly out of a toaster; and they still charge $10/day for wireless connectivity --- even in the 21st century where Internet is a comodity like warm water & electricity. Fail. I will try another hotel next time. I am sure many can beat this Hyatt with more service and a lower price (I paid around $250/night).

Room Tip: Not this hotel.
3 Thank Stefan L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (856)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights. Location is fantastic - right opposite the ferry building & within walking distance of a lot of attractions. The lobby is impressive but I found the bedroom very dark & slightly oppressive. Wifi & breakfasts were a bit expensive but concierge service & valets are good. I think I'd stay elsewhere if I return to SFO

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Not impressed with my stay here. Overall a nice hotel mainly the lobby. The rooms are ok, bathroom was not even on Parr with a basic hotel. Tiny tubs and toilet, not nice at all.
They charge extra for everything, no microwave in the rooms, room service took over an hour. Extra charge to have food brought up. Front desk kept telling us different things first WiFi was not included, then after debating it was, yet everyday had to call down again. Same with breakfast not included then it was included but everyday I had to remind them as they kept adding the charge to my room. The house keeping kept walking in without knocking walked in on us while changing.
Valet was ridiculously over priced at 60 bucks a day. The location was ok, about a 20 min walk to union square.
For the price they charged for this hotel I would not stay here again again.

Missouri50
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Traveled to San Francisco for business, going out early with the wife for a mini vacation. We stayed at the Hyatt at 5 Embarcadero. The location is pretty good, directly across from the San Fran Ferry Building and within walking distance of Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, and many downtown restaurants, shopping, etc.

The service at the hotel was impeccable. From the guy who greeted us upon arrival, to the front desk, housekeeping and restaurant, the service was excellent. Food in the restaurant was decent. The guy in front of the hotel that opened the taxi door was really good. I asked for a recommendation for eating close by and he recommended the Tadich Grill. Told me that if we did not like it to bring him the bill and he'd pay it. Food was excellent.

I can only rate this hotel average based upon the rooms. Even with a corporate rate the rate was north of $225. I have no problem with the rate except that the walls are paper thin. We were upgraded at check in at no charge to a partial bay view room. The room, while dated, was nice and clean. Everything was fine until we retired for the night. We could hear the folks next door far too well. I had a hard time getting to sleep. Then we were awakened when the morons next door started pounding on their door at 5:00 am. Lovely, no?

Once the weekend was over and those folks checked out it was much better, but I think that was because no one checked into the room next door. I would return again if on my own, but not with my wife or on vacation. I would think one could find a quieter room for similar expense.

Room Tip: Not sure, but I would ask for a "quiet" room. It appeared that there were a couple of room...
Green Features: Environmentally friendly practices do not appeal to me. Just a way to save money and provide less service to guests.
Divonne
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I spent a week at the hotel this October. The hotels location is great within easy reach of the finacial district, the port and public transport to get you to all places around San Francisco.
The work on the street right in front of the main entrance is an eyesore and quite noisy from early in the morning. This is clearly no fault of the hotel but I would consider waiting until it's finished before returning.
My rrom overlooked the street while others had a view of the bay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view of the bay
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2013

In contrast with the picturesque location and stunning lobby we found the usual Hyatt standards were lacking here. Our expensive room had reading lights on only one side of the bed, no make-up mirror and even on the 7th floor street noise intruded. The Eggs Benedict at breakfast were overdone, overpriced and tasteless.
On the plus side the staff was great, the fitness facilities top-notch and the valet parking fast and convenient. With so many great hotels in the city we would opt for somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view as high up as possible.
3 Thank SunGod21
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear SunGod21,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear compliment on our staffs and you enjoyed the fitness center. However, we sincere apologize for the noise from the street construction and the quality of food from the restaurant. Your comment is very important to us and we appreciate you brought these concerns to our attention. We will review it with our Housekeeping and Food & Beverage team.

Best regards,
Tiffany
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here during the America's Cup. Family of 4 from Australia. The foyer and lifts in this hotel is extremely impressive and certainly something that we will always remember. Fab location, easy access to all public transport. Loved the Hyatt club, very good value for family of 4. Highly recommend this hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family