I stayed here for more than a week to attend a conference. I was on the 4th floor. I travel a lot.
The street noise (random traffic, taxi whistles from the doorman, people yelling) was just awful. A colleague who stayed in an upper floor said it was no better. Amazing that the glazing is so poor. It also leaked cold air.
The bed, desk, table, chairs, TV were all fine. No complaints there.
The shower was old and uncomfortable to use as it was designed for someone about 5'6" not 5'11" like me.
The other bathroom fixtures were fine, but not terribly new. The taps on the sink were reverse threaded, which I found annoying.
Internet and parking were outrageously expensive add-ons. Had I known, I would have simply not rented a car, but once I was there it would have been really inconvenient to return it so I was stuck. I asked about public or self-park options but got only limited and unhelpful feedback from the hotel staff. Apparently, there is a public lot across the street that would probably work.
Breakfast was crazy expensive and not very good. Choices were pretty limited. For $24, I expect a lot more than what they offered. Only ate breakfast there once; ate at Starbucks other days. (And I *could* have expensed breakfast everyday to my employer)
The event had lunches catered by the hotel. This food was pretty good.
Everyone was polite, but not always as helpful as I would expect.
While the location sounds great, keep in mind that this is the financial district and there is very little within 15 minutes walk that is open in the evenings. However, MUNI and BART are right there, and there are good places to eat if you're willing to walk 20 minutes or more.
There is gym equipment onsite, but no pool/whirlpool/sauna. This is a huge hotel too. I was mad about this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 804-room Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the City's only luxury waterfront hotel with breathtaking bay and city views. Ideally located for business and leisure, the hotel is in the Financial District, and close to all major city attractions, and located across the street from the renovated historical Ferry Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Francisco