Hyatt Regency San Francisco
$239
$336
$204
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$197
$299
$254
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$416
$254
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
$205
$189
Agoda.com
4,858 results
All reviewsferry buildinggreat locationbay bridgeembarcadero centerbalcony roomthe financial districtfarmers marketcable carbart stationfisherman's wharfroom servicestreet levelclub levelpublic transportationlarge hotelstreet carsvalet parking
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I received an amazing deal for this room at less than half the price from a travel site. When we arrived we couldn't find a parking garage close enough to the hotel, so we had no choice but to pay the $60 for parking at the hotel. That was the one and only drawback of our entire experience. The customer service was exceptional, the room was perfect, and the dinner at the hotel restaurant was delicious. The whole atmosphere of the hotel feels so grand and like its own city. We had a beautiful view of Market St. and the Bay Bridge from our room. The bed was very comfy, and we ordered dessert to our room and it arrived in less than 15 minutes! We will absolutely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank rhemagirl
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted you had such a great experience with us! There are not too many hotels in the city that have the beautiful bay view and we are glad you enjoyed it! Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. Please come back and see us again soon!

Warm regards,
Tiffany

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Fantastic Location, across the street from the Embarcadero Ferry buildings, which is handy for a trip to Saucilito, the trolly car is just downstairs, and a nice walk to Fisherman's Wharf. The Atrium Lobby is amazing!
I had a Balcony King on the first night, with a view of the bay, then took the ferry to Saucilito the next day to take a sailing trip down the coast to Monterrey.
On the way back I had a Regency Club Balcony King, with access to the rooftop Regency Club. Fantastic! Great views from both rooms, but the views from the Regency Club were spectacular! Great snacks, and a wide selection of drinks. A little trouble getting the Regency Club card to work in the elevator, but otherwise an faultless trip.. I would expect nothing less from the Hyatt Regency.

Room Tip: Regency Club Balcony King!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Thomson F,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! Sounds like you had a great time exploring all of the San Francisco attractions! I must agree with you the bay view from the Regency Club is absolutely beautiful. We truly appreciate you choosing the Hyatt Regency San Francisco, please come back and see us again soon!

Warm regards,
Tiffany

Reviewed February 10, 2013

To be up front, this trip to San Fran was part of a trip to Napa, so our focus was 50/50. The one thing I would warn about this hotel for a tourist is I am just not too sure the location is all that great. Depending on what you want to do and how you want to do it, it may or may not work very good for you.

You are directly in front of the Ferry Building Market Place, which I'd say is a tourist must, with lots of great shops and treats, but no real "food" options. Beyond the Ferry Building, I'd say nothing else you'd want to do/see in San Fran is within walking distance. Having said that, if you are the athletic type and like biking, then this would be a great hotel choice. There is a bike rental stand literally outside the hotel and a good bike bath that runs along the street that take you all the way to and across the golden gate bridge.

My fiance and I did it and it was lots of fun. I would say it is a minimum 10 mile ride, round trip, with some massive hills, but certainly doable and a nice day trip. And with the bikes, you can get to all sorts of great tourist destinations. There is a trolly stop right out in front of the hotel, but I am not sure it is going to get you to any great tourist destinations either. My point is, make sure you understand the hotel's location and your options within walking distance.

Location aside, I really liked this hotel. It is pretty massive but I found staff/service to be just fine. They have a great electronic system downstairs. To the best of my memory, as you are facing the check in counter, behind you to your left, there is a very large computer type touch screen that will direct you to just about whatever you want. A very nice feature.

The room was larger than your typically hotel room, with a very large and comfy bed. I recall the room being very quite. The fitness center was very respectable. I do not think we ate in the hotel or got room service either and we did not have a car but I think they charge you about $1 million dollars a night to park a car :)

If you are fine taking a taxi a lot or biking to get around, I think you will enjoy this hotel a lot. If you want to be within walking distance of major attractions, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeffrey D
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Hyatt Regency is a typical four-star chain hotel. There is nothing that sets it apart from the rest, and as a seasoned traveler, I was largely unimpressed. The customer service on the whole was dismal, particularly at the hotel bar. In fact, it was probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel bar.

As for as the hotel’s location is concerned, it is a decent place to stay. It’s located so that all the tourist sites are easily accessible by public transportation and a short walk to the Embarcadero and Union Square, but it’s extremely quiet on the weekends, being in the Financial District.

I didn’t have a room with a view, but I imagine that their bay-view rooms offer a rare unobstructed view of the bay. That may be the one thing that makes this hotel worth visiting. The only positive thing that I can say is that the concierge directed me to a number of good restaurants and was very helpful when providing directions and travel advice.

Room Tip: You must pay extra for a room with a view. There's no chance you will be offered a view with paying at least $40.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank nnicoleee
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here recently for a business conference. Location perfect for San Francisco. As with most centrally located San Francisco hotels it is quite expensive. Buffet breakfast 25 dollars and room rate I was charged 326 without breakfast. The reception in the atrium lobby is quite impressive with big open spaces, great to sit around and have a cocktail. Rooms are average for the price paid. No bottled water in the room, which is a basic must for me! Water is free from reception. Nice dinner menu which I had on two evenings. All of the food and beverage activity is in the same location. Happy stay, if a little on the expensive side.

• Stayed: February 2013