Hyatt Regency San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Battery(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Room Service
Galleria Park Hotel(San Francisco)
4,808 results
All reviewsferry buildinggreat locationbay bridgeembarcadero centerbalcony roomthe financial districtfarmers marketcable carbart stationfisherman's wharfroom servicestreet levelclub levelpublic transportationlarge hotelstreet carsvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We always stay at this hotel whenever we come to San Francisco (about 3 times a year) and always receive exceptional service from all the staff. The housekeeping women are always cheery and greet us when we see them, the front desk staff are always efficient and welcoming, and the hotel management always makes sure to thank us for staying as long as we do. This year, Alan at the front desk also went above and beyond for us by changing our room (we had squeaky a/c issues) when the hotel was at 100% capacity and even ensuring that my sister-in-law (who was traveling alone) would be on the same floor as us. We couldn't thank him enough! And the hotel lobby is always a wonder to see with hanging lights streaming in the atrium, Christmas trees and decorations all around, and "snow" falling 3 times a day. And the location--what can I say??? Bus stops right outside to the Wharf or anywhere else in the city, metro/BART station right in front, and the California cable car line starts right outside the hotel. The best coffee at Blue Bottle is a short walk to the Ferry Plaza Building where they also have a Farmer's Market 3x a week! And the view from our bayview room was fantastic--we could see the Bay Bridge and the bay, so picturesque! It may be a little more pricey than hotels farther inland but this hotel is definitely worth it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear HI_808_traveler,

Wow! Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are thrilled you had such a great time at the hotel! I must agree with you our convenient location to many attractions is unbeatable and we are definitely proud to have such a great lobby to showcase the holiday decorations to our guests. It is always great to hear our associate went above and beyond to ensure your stay was an enjoyable one. I will be sure to share your review with Alan and the team. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The front desk clerk Alan gave us fantastic service, I was there for a wedding and booked at the wrong hotel, he fixed the problem easily and arranged adjoining rooms for our group. The suite and adjoining room were roomy and the view beautiful.

The concierge Lex, was also great. We asked him to recommend a restaurant for a party of 10 for that evening. He recommended the Waterfront, we had a great time, the food was delicious and he had a complimentary appetizer for us.

Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Borncaligrl47,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted you had a great experience with us. I'm glad to hear Alan was able to assist you with your reservation and Lex offer great recommendations for your party. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. I will be sure to share your review with my team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

stayed at this property on the 7th and the two front desk people we came into contact with were some of the best I have ever met. Kathleen and Lana went out of their way to make sure we had and got everything we needed and they did it with a smile. I have delt with these two women before and everytime they have the same wonderful attitude. The hotel in general seems to go out of its way to get it right. I have 114 hotel nights this year and this property is always at the top of the list

Room Tip: corner suites are great, if you cannot get upgraded it is worht the $$$
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear gary d,

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and we truly appreciate your compliment on Kathleen and Lana. I will be sure to share your comment with them. Your business is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Amy the receptionist was exceptionally pleasant, friendly and warm. Check-in was the simplest and fastest anywhere. Just gave my name and I get my keys. No paper, no cards, no mess.

The atrium was airy with beautiful streams of cascading lights. The display of extensive whimsical miniature toys houses and moving winter scenes was charming. Room was spacious with the view of Bay Bridge and spectacular view of sunrise in bed.

A great place to launch off on F streetcar or walk to all the ferry buildings, Fisherman's Wharf, art galleries, Ghirardelli Square, and walk all the way to Golden Gate Bridge if so incline. Chinatown, SFMOMA are all within walking distances. Also take the N metro underground around the corner on Market to Golden Gate Park for the Botanical Gardens, De Young Museum, Academy of Sciences, etc.
and food and shopping...

Room Tip: Rooms on the 9th and above floors
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! Sounds like check in was a breeze! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the holiday decorations in our hotel and the beautiful bay view from your room. I must agree our convenient location is ideal to explore San Francisco! We appreciate your comment and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel first week of December for a conference. This is the second time I've stayed here in December and I love how this hotel decorates for the holidays. The lobby is beautiful and very festive. The service and rooms are excellent. I had a view of the Golden Gate bridge from my room. It is right next to a shopping area with a wide variety of eateries.

Room Tip: The only downside to the location was the loud blaring music from the ice skating rink. I asked to move and on the other side of the hotel is a fair amount of street noise. It does seem if you stay higher up you don't hear it as much. Last time I was on the 2nd floor and the noise was loud enough that I had to turn the TV up quite loud. This time I was on the 5th floor and it was less of a nuisance.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RD430
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear RD430,

Thank you so much for your review and welcomed back! We are delighted you enjoyed the holiday decoration in our lobby and the beautiful view from your room. It is always great to hear compliment on our staff. Your business is much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon in the near future!