“Most Enjoyable”

Hyatt Regency San Francisco
Ranked #48 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a two night stay in the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero. I used Supershuttle from the airport which takes about 15-20 mins depending on drop-offs. The hotel itself is situated in the Embarcadero area of downtown, right beside the Bay Bridge. Basically it is in the region of everything downtown. Be advised that this is a huge Conference style hotel. Do not expect a boutique type atmosphere for your stay. However I was checked in by a very friendly Ruth who upon seeing me at any other time during my stay remembered me by name (a nice touch in such a large busy hotel). I upgraded from a standard room to a Club room for $75 per night. Well worth it. The Club Lounge has incredible views over SF bay, as well as an excellent supply and selection of food and drink. The atrium lobby is very impressive, as is it's sister hotel in Atlanta. I sat in the atrium frequently just to watch what was going on around me and people watch. A very satisfying experience as there is so much activity going on around you. My room(1616) had a spectactular view of the Bay Bridge and was immaculately clean. I slept extremely well both nights in a very comfy bed. The only difficulty I had was getting a taxi outside the hotel on the first night of my stay. The queue was long and there were very few taxis around. I would have been better off booking a town car. In-room internet was $9.95 for 24 hours and was super fast. It's complimentary in the Club Lounge. I wish I had more time in SF but the Hyatt Regency was perfect for what I needed. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Club Room. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Naillic,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We are delighted you had a very enjoyable stay with us. I must agree the view from the Regency Club lounge and the amenity offered there are great values for upgrading to the Regency Club room. Thank you for your compliments on our staff and I will be sure to share your review with the team and Ruth at the desk. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency San Francisco

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We loved this place. The Lobby was breathtaking! Service was off the hook. Pay the extra money and upgrade to the Regency Club, the view is outrageous! Food was great. This property is located by all the public transportation. Concierge was the best very informative.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Debbie F,

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled you had such a great experience with us. It is always great to hear compliments on our staff. We hope you will come back and see us again in the near future! Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed on a club floor and had a nice room and a great view from my balcony. The Regency Club was well-appointed and had breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvre and beverages appealingly presented. There and throughout the hotel, the staff was pleasant and professional. The location is excellent. I bought a pass (available at the concierge's desk) to ride MUNI public transportation and was able to catch almost everything at the front door, even a cable car. I recommend this hotel for its location, amenities, cleanliness and comfort. I'd stay there again if back in town.

Room Tip: club floor with balcony is worth the extra $$$
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear DonnaMariaT,

Thank you so much for your review! It is great to hear you had a wonderful time with us and enjoyed the amenities offered at the Regency Club. We appreciate your recommendation and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The view of the water sold this place for me. The room on the 17th floor wasn't massive (infact a little cramp) with the layout we had, but was comfortable enough. The bathroom was pretty nice, especially with the inbuilt TV in the mirror! The staff were friendly and helpful. The location is hard to beat, right near most public transport options. Been very impressed with the couple of Hyatt's I have stayed at and look forward to visiting more of them!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was here on business and got upgraded to a suite. The suite had two bathrooms, a huge living room, a 20 x 6 balcony overlooking the port. The lobby was nicely appointed and the staff was very curteous and attentive. This is why Hyatt is my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always great to hear compliments on our staff. Your business is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I spent just one night here. We got a great deal on Priceline. Check in was fast and friendly. The room was just like any other hotel in S.F. in this class, nice sheets, comfy pillows, fairly small room. BUT the view and location were way better than average. And the sliding glass door actually opened so we got fresh air and an even better look out at the bay bridge and ferry building. Pretty lobby and nice happy hour at the bar. Hope to stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed your short stay with us. I must agree we had one of the best bay view in town. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My employer obviously got a great deal here and the location in general is wonderful, but the rooms are just tired. Old carpeting, odd room design, tiny (and old....and cramped/ creepy) bathrooms....I'm going back to the JW Marriott next time for sure! The front desk was pleasant but I had to call the bellman / valet (there were 3 standing around when I got there) to help me get bags out of the taxi.... and I was given the impression they were doing me a favor. Again great location.... But major updates needed.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank lchaustin

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel. We apologize for the dated guestroom in the hotel. There will be a cosmetic upgrade towards the end of this year to refreshed all of our guest rooms including new carpeting. We hope you will consider returning to our hotel in the near future after the upgrade is completed.