A small group of us stayed one night before and one night after a visit to Napa and Sonoma. The front desk staff couldn't have been any more welcoming. My only complaint was that when we arrived on the second night, there were no king bayview rooms which is what I made my reservation for. This was only at 6 pm so it was not because I was that late. My husband and I cannot sleep in double beds because we are too tall so our only option was to take another king room. The room we were given was at the very end of the hotel and was not as large or nice as the one we had the first night. We were charged the price for the bayview king room and though we were only there to sleep and get on the plane the next day, it was the principle that bothered me.
On a more positive note, Florence (concierge) tried her best to help me when I was distraught because the van company we rented a 15-passenger van from did not show up with the vehicle the first morning. We were finally able to work things out but she was very patient with me and called numerous companies to try to locate a replacement. I REALLY appreciated her help and concern.
I also lucked out and picked a fortune cookie from the jar on the front desk that gave us access to the Regency Club. The view was awsome since it was on the top floor with views of the bay. One suggestion....serve better red wine! The only choice was AWFUL and it would have still been horrible if we had NOT been tasting good wine all the previous week in Napa/Sonoma!! We would have been willing to pay for better wine -- especially with the great free food.
The staff was holding a silent auction for the Make a Wish Foundation the second night we were there and we were able to "win" a towne car" ride to the airport the next morning for only $40. Nice ending to our vacation!
The location was good and the staff was attentive and helpful. I would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 804-room Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the City's only luxury waterfront hotel with breathtaking bay and city views. Ideally located for business and leisure, the hotel is in the Financial District, and close to all major city attractions, and located across the street from the renovated historical Ferry Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Francisco