We were in SF for a work/pleasure trip for 4 nights and after doing lots of research, I found the Hyatt rate to be the most reasonable for the time we were there. As a Diamond Hyatt member, I spend lots of time in Hyatt properties and this is definitely not one I will revisit in the near future. The only positive out of the hotel would be the location and access to public transportation. . The first issue we had was when we arrived, I went to put a bottle of water in the mini-fridge and it was full of left over food from a previous guest! The smell was horrific. Otherwise, the rooms were the most outdated and worn that I've been in a long time. The black tile in the bathroom and the size of the shower was purely laughable - it was suitable for a 5 year old, except everytime I tried to open or close the glass door, I was convinced it was going to fall off the hinges. The mini-blinds in the bathroom were full of dust, there is not a sink with any counter space. Several times throughout our stay, we called down to the front desk to ask a few questions and were either put on hold immediately and left there (once for over 5 minutes!!!) and another time they didn't even answer! Again, as a Diamond member, this was becoming more and more funny to me. We did have access to the Regency Club - the views were nice, but we really didn't use it much as we wanted to enjoy the restaurants in SF. If the room rates were cheaper, I could understand but for what rates were going for during our stay, I'm sad to say we chose the wrong place. When the hotel undergoes some renovations/improvements, we will definitely be back, but for the time being, check out some other newer renovated properties in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 804-room Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the City's only luxury waterfront hotel with breathtaking bay and city views. Ideally located for business and leisure, the hotel is in the Financial District, and close to all major city attractions, and located across the street from the renovated historical Ferry Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Francisco