“Clean, convenient, and Leesa!”
Review of San Francisco Inn

San Francisco Inn
Ranked #145 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Little worried by some of the reviews, but those disappeared when I met the. Smiling face of Leesa, helpful and cheerful. Took me to Roos, which was small, (which I expected), but really clean, which I'd only hoped.free parking and excellent rates (for SF), plus just a few blocks from transit = a great stay.

One final word....management needs to give Leesa, the night clerk, a raise. Full of help, and always a smile... first San Franciscan I met. Set my trip off on a great note.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank M K

Reviewed July 11, 2014

At first, I was disappointed to see a small room for the price we payed for it. But it was not bad experience at all. We arrived around midnight there and found that lights were not working in the washroom. The lady at front desk was quick to respond and shifted us to another room.
Breakfast is limited. We preferred using public transportation and were pleased to find bus stop in the front of hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TravelerRijo
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was apprehensive about staying here, thinking it would be shabby and a bit rough around the edges, however I was pleasantly surprised. True our room was small but it had everything we needed and was very clean. We were worried about being able to park because it was on a first come basis, we didn't arrive until 7pm and had no problem. It is a noisy street and a 20 minute walk to the cable car terminus and there is nowhere nearby to eat BUT in a very expensive city it was just fine for our two night stay. Breakfast was limited and served in the small lobby so no option but to take it to your room on a tray but I was pleased to see fresh orange juice which was lacking in some of the other places we stayed on this trip. I think we would spend a little more next time to be in a better location, but no real complaints

Room Tip: Would be quieter towards the back of the building
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky L
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed on may 2014 and it was great, reasonable price, clean, comfortable room, people in the front desk very helpful and friendly, location very convenient, the breakfast good. I have no complaints about this inn, and if I come back to San Francisco definitely would like to stay there again because is cheap but nice. Perfect if you are looking a place only for B&B

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I booked three rooms at four nights for my company & crew. We were spread out on two floors. I entered two of three rooms and found them both to be clean and up to date, with "No funny smells." It's San Francisco, so parking is always tight. Our company cars X2 had covered, on-site parking. Also had a large work truck that was too big to fit in covered parking. We had no trouble finding street parking right in front each evening after returning from the job. Parking is not metered after 6pm. Just remember to pick the side of the street that isn't having early morning street cleaning. We walked North four blocks to Market Street and grabbed the "F" Trolley Car (Trolley's all Restored from the 40's-60's past) for 2-bucks each. Dropped at Fisherman's Wharf and even had transfers for a free ride back up Market Street for later. Staff was great, especially Jasmine & Lisa, both ladies knew the INN and surrounding areas, such as restaurants and activities. Great Stay. Thanks-David

Room Tip: Right off the 5th Street exit 2a, heading South West from SFO Bay Bridge. Just West four block and u...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David S
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Facility is a little tired, but clean, comfortable and the staff is great. Lack of elevator is probably the only downside and parking can be tight. Would def stay there again. not too far out the way, and only a $8.00 cab ride to center of town.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jack G
Reviewed March 27, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Marsi S