“Good choice if the price is right”
Review of San Francisco Inn

San Francisco Inn
Ranked #146 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've stayed here a few times over the past year, and have been mostly happy with this property. The staff is pleasant and seem very hard-working and eager to provide the guests with good service, which is head and shoulders above most hotels within the budget category. The rooms are on the smallish side but perfectly adequate for 1-2 people, and I'd be hard-pressed to find much dirt. Unfortunately, the prices have increased consistently such that I have a hard time recommending paying over $100 per night, unless you absolutely need to be in the neighborhood. FYI, the previous review is NOT this hotel, as it's not on the waterfront nor near the airport.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RNJohn
Tania M, Manager at San Francisco Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Hi John,

We are glad you choose to stay with us multiple times over the past, and we are coming up with a "loyalty rewards" package for regular customers, this should be implemented very soon so the prices and packages should work to be better for prized guests such as yourself.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again, we look forward to having you over!
Thanks! Have a good day!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Vagabond Inn, which was only a few minutes from the airport ( not the Civic Center ). It was priced well and on the water front. There's restaurants within walking distance. Being so close to the airport, we thought it would have a lot of noise, but it wasn't. I would recommend this for short stays. It was clean and the breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We are happy that you liked the hotel from the franchise, but this is not our hotel. Sorry! Happy a good day!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having just arrived in SF and realising that our prebooked and paid accomadtion turned out to be a scam, we found the Vagabond Inn a few blocks over. The manager was extremely friendly and understanding. Being both students we were on a budget and we found Vagabond Inn to be great value for money. The room was cosy and clean with a beautfful sky window bathroom.
The neighborhood was close to everything as well as quiet. Complimentary continental breakfast and great customer service. I can honestly say I would recommend Vagabond to anyone visiting SF.

We truly enjoyed our time and appreciate the hospitality we received.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew G

Hi Andrew,

We truly appreciate your business and are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon! Hope you had a great trip overall.

Have a good day!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I enjoyed the hospitality and friendly treatment I received. The hotel was very close to the seminar I attended at the Concourse Exhibition Center. I received extra blankets when I asked for them. The manager of the hotel treated me with kindness and helped me when I left some of my belongings in the room. I also needed special accomodation and that was made for me. I appreciated the helpfulness of the staff and management and would go back to this hotel again in the future.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joey N

Hello Mr. Joey,

Thank you for your kind words. Please do choose to stay with us the next time you are in the city too. We really look forward to seeing you again! Hope your conference went well.

Thank you. Have a nice day!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed with a friend at the Vagabond Inn for two nights this past weekend. The price was very reasonable and the room was fine. Their continental breakfast was a bit light, but I found enough to eat. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you arrive late, you may not find a space to park.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ROBERT P
Tania M, Manager at San Francisco Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for your kind words, we are in the process of making some changes, so we hope to have a better breakfast fare soon! We have made a note of it.

We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Hope you have a good day!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The price was little high, close to some clubs and downtown,room was not bad, new manger is very nice.parking is limited at night time, you could park on the street but watch for the street cleaning sign , you do not want to get a ticket .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you're coming in to San Francisco for a flying visit, perhaps for a night out and need somewhere cheap and cheerful to crash, the Vagabond is a good choice; it is competitively priced and within striking distance of the hip SOMA and Mission areas of the city. It's also within easy walking distance of Market Street and the Civic Center both of which are well served by the SF Muni, making it easy to get about, even late at night.

However if you are in town for a longer stay, the Vagabond is not the best choice. The rooms in particular are in desperate need of renovation. The heater, vanity area light and TV were all out of order. The room was drafty, especially in the bathroom which had a huge single-glazed skylight. There was an ironing board in the room, but no iron to use with it! The walls and linens were a little shabby. I was only here for a quick one night stay so could easily overlook this, but it'd bother me if I was staying longer.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming and on checkout the manager thanked me personally for staying with them. Service is half the battle, so based on this and the location would recommend the Vagabond if you're in town for a flying visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo