My husband and I stayed here for a weekend anniversary trip to San Francisco. Overall we found that the hotel met our needs for our stay. Upon check-in Bonnie was very pleasant and put us in a room on the 26th floor, 2618. We paid for the parking with in and out privileges, but on our next trip we will check other public garages to see if the nightly rate is cheaper.
The "Cozy King" bedroom was big enough for my husband and I. The best part about the room was the view. When it's clear you can see all the way to the water. We enjoyed sitting there for a few meals as well as just to talk and take in the sights and sounds of the city. For the most part we couldn't hear cars, but sirens you will definitely hear. On Saturday night I was able to hear a decent amount of noise from people out having a good time but we were not bothered by it.
Our room was clean but in the bathroom the vent above the mirror looked as if no one had ever thought to dust or clean it, and I mean ever....
The hotel is very close to several cable car stops and bus stops. We purchased a 3-day Muni pass from the gift shop and we were able to get around the city fairly easily. The hotel is also very close to a lot of small restaurants that serve great food, for very reasonable prices. There is also a Walgreens that has an ATM that doesn't charge a fee!
We did not eat in the hotel restaurant while we were there.
We would definitely stay again because of the value and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour.The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is located in the center of San Francisco, just steps away from the historic California Cable Car turnaround. Located in lower Nob Hill, the Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is near all major attractions: Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf , a few blocks from Union Square and Chinatown, and the hotel is less than 10 minutes from Moscone Convention Center and a couple blocks north of City Hall/Civic Center. The 26-story, 499 room Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway offers fantastic city and bay views. Our tastefully appointed guest rooms begin on the 6th floor of the hotel and all offer flat panel TVs and free wireless Internet access. Cafe' Marlette offers a daily buffet breakfast for quick and easy service, as well as a delicious a la carte menu. Interlude Bar & Grill is a casual bistro and sports bar, with pool tables, and large screen TVs. The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is the perfect location for business or pleasure in thecity by the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn