Stayed here for 4 nights in February 2014 and the hotel was nice.
First the staff - very friendly and helpful, The staff in the bar/restaurant was always kind and a good laugh at times. The original restaurant is currently being renovated so they converted one of the conference rooms to a bar/restaurant. Their Clam Chowder was good, sliders a little disappointing, but overall a good place to relax after a days work.
The room was smaller than expected. We stayed on the 22nd floor - with a great view by the way - but there wasn't a lot of space to move about. The bathroom was a bit small, plus there was no ventilation unit in the bathroom, so each time you took a shower, you pretty much tuned it into a sauna, steaming up the mirror and your toiletries.
It was cold in SF when we stayed there and the heating system in the room is interesting - there is a sensor setting, so it only turns on when someone walks past it....
yes, when you go to sleep and it is on 'Sensor' setting, you'll get cold and have to get up and walk to the hallway (where the thermostat is located) to activate it. Call the front desk to get instructions.
Location is very good - next door is a Wells Fargo bank with a Starbucks inside, the California Street tram stops around the corner, and there are lots of great restaurants nearby.
The hotel is not far from Tenderloin which is a dangerous area, so I advise not to go for an evening stroll heading south, unless you really have to.
Overall, a nice hotel, good value, friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour.The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is located in the center of San Francisco, just steps away from the historic California Cable Car turnaround. Located in lower Nob Hill, the Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is near all major attractions: Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf , a few blocks from Union Square and Chinatown, and the hotel is less than 10 minutes from Moscone Convention Center and a couple blocks north of City Hall/Civic Center. The 26-story, 499 room Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway offers fantastic city and bay views. Our tastefully appointed guest rooms begin on the 6th floor of the hotel and all offer flat panel TVs and free wireless Internet access. Cafe' Marlette offers a daily buffet breakfast for quick and easy service, as well as a delicious a la carte menu. Interlude Bar & Grill is a casual bistro and sports bar, with pool tables, and large screen TVs. The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is the perfect location for business or pleasure in thecity by the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn