4,263 results
All reviews main building second building denny's restaurant great location beach street cable car around the corner ghirardelli square fishermans wharf f line walking distance two double beds stayed here for nights the golden gate bridge two blocks street noise alcatraz
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came for one night as BA had cancelled our flight and we had to arrange new flights and ended up staying another night. We had spent 10 nights at the fishmans whalf inn and once we arrived we wished we had spent the whole holiday at this hotel. It is much more professional run. The room was so much cosy and better the bathroom was cleaner and better. The reception staff were so much better the TV was better. You have a fridge in your room plenty of towels in the bathroom the curtains worked properly we had to buy bulldog clips to keep the curtains together in the whalf inn. The whole hotel is 1000% better it was such a pity it was only for one night. Service is excellent and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Happiness66214349579, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco-Fishermans Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi hlucasuk,

Thank you for your review. Seems like you were in a tough situation being forced to stay in the City due to flight delays. Glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us during this time regardless, and we hope to see you again soon (hopefully a voluntary trip this next go around)

All the best,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good hotel, but very expensive compared to our other hotel stays during our four states ten day two thousand mile motorcycle tour.
Friendly staff, resolved a billing issue. No pool. No included breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2019

Hi HighFlyer777,

Thank you for staying with us. We always love having the bikes parked out front. We hope to see you again soon in your next tour.

All the best,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was being proactive and booked the hotel 6 months in advance. Upon check in I found out that the current room rate was $220 less than what I booked 6 months earlier. The Manager on site agreed I should get the current rate but was not able to change. The Director had to make the change. After getting the runaround for over 24 hours, the Director finally contacted me and refused to match the current rate, so with Taxes I was out over $250. I contacted IHG (parent company) twice regarding this unethical practice, with a commitment that someone from corporate would contact me in less than 48 hours. 6 days later, I'm still waiting. After being an IHG member for 17 years for business and personal travel this is they way I am being treated????
I cannot support a company that advocates unethical behavior. This is the last IHG hotel I will ever stay in. Unbelievable a company of this size is more interested in cheating me out of $250 than taking care of a loyal customer. By the way this is a pretty crappy property and wasn't even worth the current rate.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank cgmannor
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco-Fishermans Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi cgmannor,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I am sorry to hear the issue surrounding your reservation. I would like to follow-up on this and have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your stay.

Again, thanks for staying with us. I look forward to your response and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 4, 2019

One night stay, location was great right near fishermans wharf. A big plus was breakfast was included which was OK We also tried In and out burger it was ok nothing special went to ghiradeli chocolate for ice cream was good many more sites to see

Date of stay: August 2019
Happiness66214349579, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco-Fishermans Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Murray s,

Thank you for your feedback/review. Hope you get to explore the area a bit more the next time you are in town.

See you again soon.

All the best!

Reviewed September 3, 2019

We stayed for 2 nights in Mid August and had a family room with two queen beds. The hotel is in a great location, just a few minutes walk from Fisherman's Wharf seafront and all its entertainment. We arrived direct from a long flight and was just what we needed - clean and comfy and good black out curtains. We were on the 5th (top) floor and there was a bit of street noise but nothing unbearable.

There's no restaurant on site but there is a 24hrs Dennys adjoining (which we didn't use). There is an amazing breakfast spot just round the corner (The Hollywood Café) which was hugely popular and the best breakfasts we had on our whole trip. We had no reason to eat dinner in the hotel as there's so much choice only minutes away.

Date of stay: August 2019

Hi ultrasun,

Location, Location, Location. Without a doubt it seems that you managed to take full advantage of our prime location within the Wharf District. I am very glad to see that you got the opportunity to explore and try out some of the local spots in the Area. Hope to see you again soon.

All the Best,