Having stayed in several Holiday Inns in the UK I was slightly wary of booking one for my holiday.
However, I was pleasantly surprised by the Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf. On arrival (after an 11 hour flight) the staff were quick to check me in, give me directions to the room and tell me a bit about the local area - as this was my first visit to San Francisco, this was most welcome.
I was staying in the Beach Builing which is just around the corner from the main reception.
The location was excellent - just a block away from the main "strip" of Fisherman's Wharf - where all the restaurants are. From my hotel window I could see Alcatraz. It is also only a couple of blocks away from Bay Street tramstation which takes you into the heart of San Francisco City Centre.
It is also within walking distance of the piers with shopping and trips to Alcatraz (BEWARE: Book trips to Alcatraz in advance - we turned up on the day expecting to be able to go but were told there were no tickets left. We very nearly didn't make it over to the Island. Definately a "must-see" so be prepared!)
The room also came with some tourist guides to San Fran - where to eat, where to shop, transport, sightseeing etc etc which was very useful. It was also a nice big room - a double bed each and plenty of space for me to spread all my clothes and stuff everywhere!
There was maid service every day with clean towels and bed linen.
During my stay in America I travelled to LA and Las Vegas as well as San Francisco and the Holiday Inn was not my favourite hotel of my trip but was perfect for my 4 day stop over in San Fran as it was close to everything, had helpful staff and was comfortable. Definately much better than the Holiday Inn's I've stayed visited in England.
Got my holiday off the a good start!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn