The location of this hotel can't be beat, leaving you within walking distance of everything along the wharf. The AC wasn't working in the first room we were given and while I was waiting for a maintenance man to come and fix it I noticed the ceiling and soffit over the bed was covered in dark gray dust; the kind that collects on a popcorn ceiling from the AC vents. It was obvious that wasn't something checked by the cleaning staff or ever cleaned. So I called the desk and asked for a different room. They moved us fairly quickly and even offered a bellman to help us move our things.
Parking is ridiculously priced at $40 per day plus tax. I simply cannot fathom any hotel also charging a paying guest a fee to park their car while they stay. After discussing our room issues with the night manager he thanked me for bringing the issues to his attention and offered to comp one day of our parking fees to make it right. I appreciated what appeared to be genuine concern for his guests and his willingness to do something to make up for it. Notwithstanding that, when we checked out the following day the parking fees were still on our bill forcing me to discuss the issues all over again with a different manager. She was apologetic but wasn't eager to followup on the remuneration the other manager had promised us. She eventually relented and comped our parking for both days.
I would stay there again because the location really can't be beaten, but I wouldn't pick up my rental car until I am ready to travel on to my next destination to avoid the ridiculous parking fees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn