Our room 1428 was in the beach building which is across the road from the main building, This isn't a problem though as it has it's own front desk and 24 hr Dennys restaurant. We used the restaurant twice and while it could do with a bit of a referb the food and service were absolutely fine but like the rest of San Fran a bit on the pricey side. All of the hotel staff from the maids to the front desk went out of their way to be friendly and polite and our room was clean and comfortable. It had a coffee maker with coffee and condiments replaced daily as were the toiletries and lots of towels which were replaced when needed. We had a large queen bed and a flat screen tv with about 35 channel plus pay per view. There was an iron and board. a hairdryer and safe in the room.
We paid an extra five dollars a day and had a fridge put in the room then bought breakfast items from the nearby Safeways which saved us quite a few $$. Now to this hotels biggest plus the location. You have a walgreens right outside the front door ideal for picking up odd items like milk or water then next to that is the F-line trollycar stop which runs in a loop from 6am till 2am it stops at Fishermans wharf, Alcatraz landing, The ferry building, Union square, castro (it stops at other places too but I cannot remember them all) and back again. You can buy a seven day pass from walgreens for $28 per person it gives you unlimited travel on San Fran Muni transport including the F-line it really is great value. Fishermans wharf is a 5 minute walk and pier 39 is only 10-15 minutes. I have to say we really enjoyed this hotel and would absolutely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn