My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf for five nights in February and were pleasantly surprised. We booked the room through Hotwire for only $80 a night, and, even with taxes and fees, the total cost per night was only about $100 – a steal for a three-star hotel in such a great location.
We arrived a few hours early, but our room was ready and check-in was quick and smooth. We had a room on the second floor with two double beds facing the pool side of the hotel. The room was spacious and clean, and the beds were nice with a choice of soft or firm pillows. Everything in the room worked, including the TV, the (free) Wi-Fi, and the hairdryer. The room was quiet – we were not aware of any noise from the window side or the hallway during our stay (it might not have been so quiet in the summer, but no one was using the pool in the winter!). Each day, the housekeeping services did a nice job of tidying our room up. There was a little business center near the elevator on the second floor, and we used the internet there to print our boarding passes, all free and easy. In fact, there were only two (slight) negatives about our stay: 1) the ice machine was out of ice on our floor, but it was easy to get to the next floor and get ice there, and 2) on our first night we caught the smell of pot in our room (clearly, coming from another room), but this smell went away in a few minutes and we never smelled it again.
As others have mentioned, the location of this hotel is superb. You are only two blocks walk from Fisherman’s Wharf and all its attractions: the Bay and Alcatraz tours, many other city tours, the sea lions at Pier 39, the Aquarium, and, of course, all that yummy seafood and sourdough bread. You are also within a couple of miles of the Presidio, Coit Tower, and Chinatown. Several bus routes pass close to the hotel, and the bus system in San Francisco is great, only $2 will take you anywhere you want to go. We took the bus out to Lincoln Park, with its gorgeous ocean views and fantastic Legion of Honor fine arts museum. And the cabs in Frisco are surprisingly reasonable. For only $15 one -way, we went downtown on a cab and caught a symphony concert. In fact, I was glad we did not have a car in Fisherman’s Wharf – not only is a car not necessary, but parking throughout Frisco is a hassle and expensive.
I reviewed two local restaurants (Codmother’s and Tarantino’s) separately here on Tripadvisor. We also ate breakfast at three other close-by places during our stay: 1) Denny’s (just OK), 2) Hollywood Café (pretty good), and 3) Joannie’s Happy Days Diner (excellent).
All-in-all, we thought the Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf was an excellent hotel for the money, and we would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn