This hotel is conveniently located to the financial district, Chinatown and North Beach. Cabs were regularly at the hotel and public transportation was close. This property was formerly the Holiday Inn Financial District and is an older hotel. The decor has improved drastically, but the overall experience still was marginal at best.
I waited thirty minutes to check-in due to a line of 14 people in front of me. There was not adequate staff at the front desk and the two that were there were not helpful at all. I thought I must have just hit a busy time or shift change, but the problems continued throughout the night. I had the same experience at check out - I took 18 minutes to just get a receipt (I did not receive one under my door as usual).
The room decor was very nice and new, but the bathroom had odd screws where the hairdryer was missing. The room was very small, but functional.
When I called for a wake-up call it took three tries since no one was answering the phone. I did not receive the call the next morning as requested.
The conceirge level services were standard. I went to the evening hour (wine and beer incurred a charge, but soda and bottled water were free) - the snacks were adequate (cheese cubes, chips & salsa, some undistinguished fried blobs (we are still wondering what they were - the staff said "appetizers" when I asked). The breakfast the next morning was also ok, but not outstanding - pastries, cereal, yogurt & fruit.
Overall the stay was ok, but the staff were consistently sparse and not very helpful. I stayed at the Hilton by Union Square the previous night and had an outstanding stay - I would pick this Hilton instead if I were returning to the area. I would not stay at this property again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton San Francisco Financial District soars 27 stories, offering stunning panoramic views of the city skyline and San Francisco Bay. Located in the historic center of the city, the hotel sits at the crossroads of the Financial District, Chinatown, North Beach and Nob Hill. You are just steps away from San Francisco's most popular attractions such as Alcatraz, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Coit Tower, and Lombard Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Financial District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton