Lowest prices for your stay
$110
$110
Traveluro
$108
Hotels.com$110
Hilton$110
travelup.com$134
4,854 results
All reviews the executive lounge coit tower financial district bay view union square telegraph hill high floor fisherman's wharf an upgrade convenient location city concierge alcatraz block garage plugs walkable
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

In general the hotel is ok. Clean and very friendly staff, however a few issues let it down considerably.

1) The walls are very thin! I was woken early every day by the banging of drawers/doors and children from the room next door.

2) A great view from the room on the 32nd floor of the Coit Tower and bay was spoilt by the fact the windows were filthy. It looked like they had not been cleaned in years! This was the case on all the windows not jut that room.

3) Room service items left outside the rooms for more than 24 hours.

4) Lifts incredibly slow.

5) Bar closes before midnight.

6) Exective lounge at the weekend was packed. HOWEVER as mentioned earlier the great staff in the hotel gave us vouchers to go to the main restaurant for breakfast. The queue there was disappointing and they were obviously busy with a holiday weekend and seemed under staffed. I had to ask for various buffet items that were exhausted plus basics like cereal bowls.

7) No shower gel in the room, I had to request it.

8) No refrigerator in the room.

As a diamond HHonors member this was a reward stay so didnt cost me anything, however had I paid for it I would have written a note of dissatisfaction to the hotel.

If returning to SFO I would not choose this Hilton property again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Megan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Dear munkypete,
Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and for taking the time to share a review. We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with the level of service you received from our staff. However, we are disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with other aspects of your stay. We promise to work hard to continue making improvements to our hotel and hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Great location and staff was great. I was upgraded to the 26th floor where they have their own lounge. Made it very easy to get food and go back to my room to continue working. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Brandt P,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you were pleased with our hotel during your business trip to San Francisco and that access to the Executive Lounge made your stay more convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to San Francisco.

Reviewed September 4, 2016

I have finished my two-night stay at the Hilton Financial District today. I had no problems, and I felt that the room, bathroom, bedding, and common areas were appropriately clean and comfortable. Therefore, I have rated the hotel four stars. Beyond these basic needs, however, the hotel falls a bit short of expectations for a Hilton in a major city—see below. Overall if you are not bound to Hilton and are not visiting an event/office specifically close by, you can probably find a better value.

Cards on the table, I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member and I used reward points to pay for this visit. The points required was not too shocking given this was a Hilton brand property in a downtown area one of the most expensive cities in the country. With that in mind, you would have hoped the hotel would reflect that more elite positioning.

The Executive Lounge was fine, but smaller than a typical lounge and the service was not notably attentive to guest service. The food options were nice overall; the complimentary drink selection was basic (Coca Cola, Sprite, and water). I have been spoiled by Hilton lounges in Europe as I expected complimentary alcoholic drink service! The 24/7 access to the lounge was a plus.

Another small plus here was The Cloud, a TV viewing room with four top of the line massage chairs. Personally I think some of the money spent here should have been allocated to renovating the lounge or the rooms, but hey, I enjoyed the full body massage in the small pod while gazing at a full-wall TV display. The fitness center was also adequately sized and had nice, updated equipment. Hats off to the hotel on these two benefits.

Upon check-in I was lucky to have my room available at 10:30a, so I cannot complain too much… but I am not certain the representative searched for an upgraded room for me (or at least something on the Executive level). The room I received had a nice enough view of the water, looking right out from the desk area. The room was not very large but it was certainly adequate for one person. The bathroom was about the size of a Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn bathroom, which was a bit disappointing but at the least it was clean and functional.
Somehow there was no robe or slippers in my room… again perhaps that is because I was not put on the Executive floor. Again, not really a problem, but just an example of how this Hilton falls short in small ways from what a seasoned Hilton traveler would expect.

Location-wise the hotel is really more in China Town than the Financial District; it was about a 15 minute walk from the Montgomery BART station or a 30 minute drive from SFO (without traffic). I do not know too much about San Francisco neighborhoods/districts but although the area of this hotel was not the most impressive, I would prefer it over the Hilton Union Square given my experience of seeing drug dealers on corners in that area at 4p on a Saturday afternoon.

If you are adventurous you can walk to some adjacent areas like North Beach (Fisherman’s Wharf) and SOMA, but these are 30 minutes away. Otherwise, this is the birthplace of Uber and it served me well on this trip. Parking is $30/night without in/out privileges and $55/night with those privileges (check website for updated rates in the future) but do not expect driving and parking to be the simplest task in San Francisco.

The reality is that Hilton has very limited properties within San Francisco, which is disappointing but really not an issue if you are not a Hilton loyalist. My stay was not problematic but it also was not a highlight, so it might serve you well to research other options. As for me, I would return here if the price was right and/or it was on work’s dime.

2  Thank Michael S

Dear mflarsk24,
Thank you very much for your detailed review of your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and for choosing to stay with us. We are glad to hear you were pleased with some areas of your stay (the Cloud lounge, the fitness center, and our location in comparison with the Union Square Hilton). We are sorry that you weren't placed on the Executive level but can most likely say it was due to your early check in time. We thank you again for all your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back as a guest in our hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton SF Financial District for three nights. The room was good. Comfortable bed and pillow. The breakfast was excellent with much variety. The Internet, especially in the evening and night, was terrible. Very slow and often unusable. I had the issue when connecting the wifi to my iPad, phone and laptop.

Another good thing about the hotel is that it's right in the middle of Chinatown, near man great restaurants.

I rely on Internet during my stay, which is the reason I provided the rating I did. If Internet was not as important, I would have provided a higher rating.

Dear MrMyself,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you were pleased with your accommodations as well as the variety offered during breakfast. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the wifi speed. This is something we are working to improve upon in the near future. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

This hotel offers a perfect location in the financial district. From here you can walk to many restaurants and down to the Warf, or China town. So much to see and do and this is the hotel to stay in when you visit. Staff is very friendly and happy to assist with anything you may need. Rooms are very comfortable.

Date of stay: July 2016

Dear travel-bug313,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the location and the ease of exploring nearby attractions. We are also happy to hear that the staff was helpful in assisting you with your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to San Francisco.