4,248 results
All reviews the executive lounge coit tower financial district bay view union square chinatown and north beach telegraph hill ferry building high floor fisherman's wharf an upgrade convenient location few blocks valet parking market street public transportation cable car
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Well where do I start we were staying there for a conference/ little vacation so 7 days , when we booked online we booked for a king room, after arriving at the hotel they said they had none left , then decided to give us a handicap accessible room , after voicing our concerns we were then switched into a king room. I had a issue with my billing went to front desk had the most rude front desk staff who had no idea what she was talking about , then got transferred to another lady who was very polite and explained everything to me. Lastly , not being from the states , we didn't know it was in China Town and that Chinese New year was the night before, none made us aware of all the firecrackers and fireworks that would be going off all night so loud that we had no sleep for the remainder of our stay i was on the 19th floor and it still woke me up.I brought it up at the front desk and they proceeded to do nothing . Internet is expensive its 10 dollars per device per day. Location is okay The rooms are not worth the money you pay for , definitely the worse Hilton I've ever stayed at with the worse costumer service I' ve received. Just skip over this place is not worth it and dreading the 2 days we still have to stay here. The only positive thing is the housekeeping staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Just skip this hotel completely , not worth your money
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

We thank you for submitting a review. Our team is saddened that we failed to ensure that you were cared for, valued, and respected. I will send a separate email to you to further investigate these issues. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apoligize for the inconveniences that we caused.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've stayed at this Hilton several times. The staff is very good, from the front desk to the waiters. However overall the hotel is just OK. The rooms have barely any outlets, though there is a nice desk area. The hotel itself has one tiny bar and one restaurant, which is just OK. The bar is not exactly where you'd want to have a drink. The sundries shop was closed, which was annoying, especially because the bottled water in the room is $3. The in-room dining ends fairly early in the evening too. OK for a day or two, but just average.

1  Thank susalina56
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've had a great pleasure of staying here when on a short business trip to SF, and stayed only for a single night. The location is perfect, just next to Chinatown and within walking distance from Union Sq. I arrived around noon and didn't count on being able to check in this early. However Corina in the check in desk did her best to help me out. Since the room wasn't ready, I was given a key card with access to the executive lounge where I could relax while the room was being cleaned.

I must say the room was worth the wait. I was given a top floor balcony room, overlooking the bay, Alcatraz and Coit tower. Really excellent view and the room size was also very adequate. Balcony was equipped with a small table and two comfortable chairs. It was hard to put a finger on anything regarding the room. However I was to find out that the walls were quite thin and the noise from the adjacent rooms was clearly noticeable in the evening.

The staff I met throughout my stay here was some of the most kind, attentive, and patient people I have yet experienced in a hotel. From Corina in the front desk, to the staff in executive lounge and the concierge did all surpass my expectations. I thought of giving this hotel a rating of 4, because of the thin walls, but the staff make more than up for this fact.

Room Tip: Aim for the top floors with rooms overlooking the bay.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is the second time I stayed at this property, and while I had a good experience then, I had a great experience this time. There was a chaotic scene outside the hotel with multiple events going on, and there were large crowds all over the place. I was expecting a very slow and tedious checkin, but the front desk was killing it.

The front desk staff member, Eric, was incredibly helpful and expedient. I had a more specific room request due to additional needs, and he listened very carefully and made sure that he accommodated me and my mom to the best of his ability. He even helped us get a room that had a really amazing room on the 23rd floor looking over the bay. Even if he was just being a professional, it really felt like he cared and wanted to make our day. And he did!

The room itself was very clean, had a great view, and despite the relatively gaudy hallway, it made for a great experience, especially in SF. Ice was easily accessible, and again - the window-wall-length desk made for a great work space.

Due to the great location and the excellent staff, especially Eric, I highly recommend this hotel in the middle of the chaotic city that is San Francisco.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2014

With my diamond Hilton HHonors status, I was upgraded to an executive junior suite on the 25th floor with amazing views of Coit tower, Alcatraz, and the bay. The room also had a nice wet bar. I was staying here alone, but it would’ve been a great place to host some friends!

The bathroom was spacious, and came with some additional Peter Thomas Roth products, such as a mending kit, mouthwash, and shoe mitt. The shower was also very nice, with two heads, you had the option of using the rain shower head or the standard head.

As for the common areas, the lobby is unimpressive for a hotel of this size. I was expecting higher ceilings and a more open/airy feel. It could definitely use a face-lift.

The exec lounge on the 26th floor was well stocked. The morning breakfast included hot items (bacon, egg quiche), and the standard assortment of pastries and juices. It wasn’t too crowded, and there was plenty of seating.

Overall, the entire stay was great until my departure. The bell hops, while friendly, aggressively pushed me to take a black town car as opposed to a regular taxi cab. He mentioned, not once, but over 3 times that I should take a black car. Each time, I politely declined, and yet he would still bring it up. He finally hailed me a cab, and when I asked the driver if the hotel had some sort of agreement with the bell hops, he said almost all of the hotels get a kick-back from the limo companies.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay, and will probably be back again!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the higher floors! The views from the upper floors are amazing.
1  Thank Jonathan L