4,219 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecoit towerfinancial districtbay viewunion squarechinatown and north beachtelegraph hillferry buildinghigh floorfisherman's wharfan upgradeconvenient locationfew blocksvalet parkingmarket streetpublic transportationcable car
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed here in December with some friends and we got 2 queen size beds. I thought the room was quite small compared to other hotels I have stayed in. The price was decent considering it was a Saturday night. This hotel was located directly from across from Chinatown, so if your craving Chinese food, you can just walk there. I thought it was cool how the lobby was furnished with Chinese furniture! The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The view of the city from our hotel room was amazing. Everything was pretty close in proximity from nightclubs, restaurants, and shopping. The only bad thing about my stay would be the $50 parking Hilton charges to park in the garage! However, if the price stays under $150 again, I would definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in San Francisco.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Another great review! Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. Our team looks forward to your next stay. We suggest, possibly,to leave the car behind, and catch the train from Sacramento. There is plenty of public transportation once you get to the city.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I live most of the year in hotels as a leisure traveller in the states and abroad, so I feel well equipped to judge Hilton properties. The last several years I have stayed for several weeks at the Hilton Fishermans Wharf property, but since it is no more a Hilton property, I decided to try the Financial district. After a 20 hour flight from abroad, exhausted and so tired, I was greeted warmly and put in one of the best suites in the hotel ( again, I stay in Hiltons a lot!!!). The room was magnificent with a great view of the bay and city from a top floor. This was my home for 2 weeks. The restaurant for breakfast was superb....they have a large display of foods, including healthy ones which I thrive on in all my travels. They even recently implemented a juicing machine, which was the highlight of my breakfast. The restaurant staff provided service that was so very warm and hospitable during my Christmas stay. There are 6 computers in the lobby for the guests wishing to use them. The property is in the middle of everything---China town! - the Embarcadero only a ten minute walk away---of course right in the middle of the financial heart of San Francisco and also ten minutes from the wonderful shopping of the major retailers. The only problem was the executive lounge during Christmas --- too small for so many people --- but this is more a corporate Hilton problem than the hotel --- as Hilton now gives gold status to anyone who has one of several credit cards and does not really differentiate between I the guests who actually earn their status from staying in Hilton properties and those guests who get a credit card or something similar from their employers. However, I must commend Tammy and John and the rest of the lounge staff for their hard work in making sure everyone's needs were attended to........they all gave exceptional service during a very busy time! However, eating in the restaurant was a wise choice over this busy period, and I used the lounge, which is remarkably open 24 hours a day for drinks and coffees --- and serves food during breakfast and dinner hours --- to get my drinks and stop by for a quick snack. There is a nice gym on the 5th floor, but I didn't really use it since the weather was so perfect during my stay that I prefer to be outdoors and walk. What more can I say, I didn't want to leave and everyone was very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

You are a great guest, and we thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I will email you shortly. Thank you, thank you very much for this review.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The location of this hotel couldn't be much better. On the eastern edge of Chinatown and the southern end of North Beach. Public transportation, however, isn't that great, with one bus line stopping a block away but others further away. Of the people working at the desk, some were very helpful, others looked like they didn't want to be bothered. Overall, would stay here again.

Room Tip: I think the north side of the building has the better views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for submitting a guest review. Our team strives to provide exceptional service and accommodations to each guest that stays with us. I am very sorry for the inconsistency with the service at the Front Desk. I assure you that I will review this with our team. We hope that you will still return and stay with us again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our third year spending our anniversary at the Hilton and after each stay it only gets better. Deana went out of her way to get us the perfect room with a stunning bay view and providing many extras for us. The executive lounge is outstanding. Being here for 4 nights we checked out some other hotels and nothing even came close to the Hilton. It is the only place that we will stay whenever we come to the city.

Sandi & Barry

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

It is outstanding to read your review! Thank you very much for continuing to stay with us for such a special moment and celebration. We look forward to your next stay. Happy New Year!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I would never stay anywhere else but the Hilton in the Financial District. Restaurants, location, shopping, and sightseeing can all be done on foot. We recently had a surprise 2 night stay at the hotel for our anniversary. We had intended to stay only one night, but we booked another night when we saw the price of the room included valet parking. When you travel, it is nice to have everything bundled together. It is one less extra charge that we don't have to worry about. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 12 th floor or above to avoid hearing street noise. Ocean view rooms have a noisy street while city views have low roof tops which allow for a nice city view without noise.
1  Thank TravellingWineguy

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our team is thrilled that you enjoyed the service and accommodations. Your review will help other guests that might consider booking the parking package which provides value for the parking. We look forward to your next stay with us, thank you again!