“Fantastic Location”

Hilton San Francisco Financial District
Ranked #82 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We loved this hotel. So close to everything by trolly, BART or foot. The executive lounge is fantastic! Great food in the morning for breakfast and evening at happy hour. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were the BEST! It was very quite and the view was beautiful looking at the bay and Coit Tower.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

This is fantastic news! Thank you very much for sharing your experience. The Hilton Brand Promise is to ensure that every guest is cared for, valued, and respected. From your comments and the scores, it appears that our team delivered upon this promise. We hope that your travels will bring you back to our hotel again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,904)

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Every time we come to San Fran we stay at the Hilton Financial District. It is a great hotel with nicely appointed rooms and good city and bay views. Above all else, it is on the edge of Chinatown, two blocks from the North Beach Little Italy area, and a short walk from the Embarcadaro and the Ferry Building. It is a 15 minute walk from Union Square or a $8 cab ride. The front bell men are friendly and helpful, cabs are plentiful, and they offer free newspapers in the morning. Despite the height of the hotel I have never had a long wait for an elevator. It is just a very comfortable place. Oh, and before I forget, my wife and daughters LOVE the Tru Spa in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank indytrims

Our team thanks you and the family for continuing to stay with us. Hope your new year is off to a great start! We look forward to your return. Thank you for submitting this review, we appreciate you!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed at the Market Square Hilton. Being an HH member, I wanted to check out the place as it is closer to Chinatown and Fisherman's Warf so the wife and I stopped in there for a drink. It was understaffed. Everyone waited for their drinks and food. I was served a whiskey on the rocks in a water glass. It was also very, very loud with screaming children running to and fro. The bathrooms were locked and I had to hunt someone down for a key... that didn't work. Finally when it came time to hail a cab there were no doormen to be found. Stood out in the freezing cold for fifteen minutes, no cabs would stop. Finally, the door man showed and blew his whistle and cabs magically pulled over. However, he was rude and did not ask who had been waiting the longest which resulted in further waiting while late arrivals got cabs first. I would never go back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TakeMeBack76
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

We thank you for submitting a guest survey about your experience in our lounge, and also getting a cab. I assure you that our Director of Food & Beverage will follow up on the issues that you noted. I will also review your comments with our doorman. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize that our service fell far short of our standard. We hope that you will stop by again, and give our hotel another chance.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very friendly check in, great concierge, room was ok (not great but ok)
strange opening time and service @ executive lounge (very limited opening hours, red wine 5$ per glass, no scrambled eggs for breakfast ???? but very friendly employees)
1 min walk to china town and close to hop on hop off stop.
Too expensive for that level of service
Hard to tell how to get fresh air into the room

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Management thanks you for submitting a guest review. I assure you that we are taking appropriate steps to improve upon the room accommodations which were lack luster. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize for any inconvenience that this caused. Our team is happy that our service was kind and helpful. We hope that this service will bring you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Nothing wrong with this hotel...what you expect from a higher-end similar hotel. Problem is everything is an additional charge, so if you're shopping on price, go ahead and add $50/night to this rate. Water? $5 each. Internet? $16 per day. Breakfast? $25 for a bad buffet. You get the idea... I had an awesome view from my room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We thank you for submitting a guest review. Management appreciates your feedback. There are several reservation packages available to each guest that includes breakfast, internet, and parking. We do recommend to book these packages if you plan to utilize one of these for your upcoming stays. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize for any inconvenience that was caused by the additional charges for these items. We hope that you will return and stay with us again.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The hotel is what you expect a hotel to be. It is functional and practical and well situated in town. We had a room with a bayview, wich was really nice. breakfast though a bit dissapointing, but good value for the price.

Room Tip: The bay view is nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Our team is very thankful for your kind comments and generous scores. We strive to deliver the Hilton Brand Promise, which is to ensure that every guest is cared for, valued, and respected. It appears that we were able to deliver upon this promise. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is a review of the customer service that I experienced at the Hilton. You would certainly expect better customer service from a 4-star hotel. After booking, I immediately reviewed the information and noticed the date was incorrect. So I called them to make the necessary correction. Apparently, it routed to a different date because the preselected date was not available (that's what the agent told me). They would not give me a refund, allow me to change my date, or even a credit to be applied to future reservations (not even a partial credit!). Now I'm stuck with a reservation that I can't even use. Thus, this review will only be limited to the customer service as I won't be able to use the reservation to enjoy the room. After this experience, I'm boycotting the Hilton. It's unfortunate as I always choose the Hilton above other hotels. No longer a fan!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Layla408

We thank you for submitting a guest survey. It is very unfortunate that you booked a non-refundable/non-modifiable reservation online. This review, while being pointed at our hotel as the one providing poor service, highlights the drawback with booking these type of reservations online. Hilton urges guests to book reservations through our websites. While these other internet booking sites offer a significant discount, the reservations mostly are not guaranteed a specific room type (king or double) and, most importantly, the reservations are not modifiable and cannot be canceled. This is clearly stated through the website that you booked on. Please use Hilton.com to book your stay. With our reservations, we have the flexibility to assist you when reservations need to be modified.