“Close and comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Home
“Close and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Close to the action in downtown San Francisco without the union share prices. Big rooms, big bathrooms, comfortable amenities, a training circuit in the fitness center,,and real,concierge lounge. Now this is my type,of hotel.
Day spa is has all,the features to,spoil those who want to relax in style and be rubbed the right way. Lobby bar if friendly, elevators are quick, and the staff was very helpful when I arrived at 9:30am, way before check in time. Diane, got me a great room, bay views, on the concierge level!
Have stayed here before, and would do,it again. Short walk to Columbus ave, and cab rides anywhere are less than $10.00. You don't want a car in San Francisco, unless driving to wine country or muir woods,

Room Tip: Having status helps. Ask for a water view vs city view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear from our repeat guests. Thank you for submitting this guest review! I assure you that we will recognize Diana for providing the exceptional service that Hilton is known for. We hope that your travels will bring you back to our hotel again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mission Viejo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was in this hotel for 4 days and really enjoyed it. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, and I had a room facing the back so it was actually quiet. I have 2 complaints: the breakfast I ordered was $43 and cold, I did jot have the time to deal with it because I was running late. #2 the people working the Starbucks downstairs were so busy talking to each other that it took forever to get my coffee. Otherwise a delightful stay.

Room Tip: It's quieter in the back.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for submitting a guest review. I assure you that we are following up with our Food & Beverage department to correct the issues that you noted. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize for any inconvenience that this caused. We hope that you will return and stay with us again.
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was my first time to visit San Francisco, let alone the state of California and I am thrilled that I got to experience it through a hotel that is rooted in the culture of such a vibrant city.

This hotel is spectacular if you're facing the bay/looking directly at Telegraph Hill. But the best part is the location. You're within walking distance of many of the major sites and attractions. Chinatown is literally right outside your door and we went as far as walking to Fisherman's Wharf which we tracked the loop from Kearny/Columbus to the Wharf and then along the bay back to Washington right at 7 miles.

For food, we literally ate 3 meals at Caffe Macaroni which is a 2 minute walk north of the hotel. This is one of those few places on my list where I would pay you to go eat. Just go with whatever special is on the menu + the margherita pizza (it's the best pizza you'll have in your life). Very romantic little place.

Back to the hotel, it was perfect. Rooms needed maybe a little updating and the Executive Lounge for HHonors members could maybe be a little tidier on the weekends. The staff was outstanding all around - even the maintenance guys, two of which were full of recommendations for things to do around town.

We will be back to this hotel in 2014 and we're looking forward to it!

PS - we were incredibly lucky to have the room we did, we actually got to see team America and team New Zealand whip around the wharf into the bay for the America's Cup during their semi-finals.

Room Tip: Request the north side of the hotel for a room so you can see the bay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow! Thank you very much for the perfect score card and great feedback. We appreciate you! Our team looks forward to your return in 2014.
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Title said it all, they should name this hotel Hilton Chinatown. The hotel is within minutes walk to the main street of San Francisco's Chinatown so that is a big bonus for great food, shopping and massages. Not only was the location of the hotel is next to Chinatown but the hotel also have a Chinese theme. With all this being said, Hilton put us in a room with a beautiful view, with access to their executive lodge. The rooms were clean and the size was just right. Although the executive lodge was lacking in the selection of food, they have a great coffee machine! Love the location and the hospitality, another great Hilton hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for submitting a guest review. Managment understands your point about the name and location. I assure you that we a monitoring the performance of our Executive Lounge very closely. Recently, we changed several items for the breakfast and evening appetizers. We hope that you will return to experience these upgrades again.
New City, NY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I needed a place to stay in SF near the convention center in the Hilton brand. This was a 10 minute walk to the Moscone Center as advertised. It was clean and neat with friendly people at the desk and door.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for the perfect scores and kind comments about our staff. We strive to ensure that every guest is cared for, valued, and respected. Our team is thrilled that you enjoyed the service and accommodations. We hope that your travels will bring you back to our hotel. Once again, thank you for this review!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I love the location of this building. It is easy to get to the wharf, financial district, and china town. There are plenty of neat little restaurants around as well.

The rooms are updated and nice. I had a great view to the South.

Breakfast is also good but nothing that will "wow" you. It's your typical hotel breakfast.

The only complaint I have is that I had a family come in above me and you could tell they were letting their kids jump on the bed, stomp around, and run back and forth. They were up until 12pm and 1am one night. I called about 11:30pm the second night and the front desk said they could move me. I had been in my room for 3 nights already before the family came in above me. Why would I move after 3 nights and at 11:30pm at night? I wanted them to at least say they would call them and ask them to be respectful but that didn't happen.

The gym is also very tiny so get there early (before 6am) if you want a trend mill or bike. I went in at 6:15am and everything was full.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We thank you for submitting a guest review. Our team strives to ensure that every guest is cared for, valued, and respected. We recognize that the noise from the guests above and the response from our team negatively impacted your stay. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize for any inconvenience that this caused. I assure you that we are reviewing your feedback with our team to improve upon our steps to reduce the noise. We hope that you will return and stay with us again.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel has a good location, especially if you want to avoid the hills while walking. The executive lounge is very good and the staff there is friendly, especially Tammy. However, one setback is the air conditioning. No matter what you set the room temperature at, the AC never cooled off the room. This was true for a friend's room as well as the executive lounge and exercise room. It made sleeping a bit of an issue and it was like exercising in a sauna.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stephen R
We thank you for submitting a guest review. The Chief Engineer is aware of your feedback, and is taking appropriate steps to prevent further issues with the AC. I am very sorry for the inconveniences that this caused. Our team hopes that you will return and stay with us again.