“Great Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hazelhurst, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Location”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I picked this hotel for 2 reasons: 1 got a great deal on priceline and 2. Financial District is central to all major attractions we wanted to visit on your 2 night stay. Union square, Chinatown, Ferry Building, Peir 31 and 39 all under 1 mile walking.

When we checked in told the clerk, Eric, I did not expect any requests because of the great rate but could we possible get a double room connected to a king room. Eric was awesome and in no time found us our request. It was so nice to have connnecting rooms, seperate beds for kids and king for mom and dad. That why we did not have to seperate mom and dad so each could stay with a child. THANK YOU ERIC.

Beds where comfortable, view was of Chinatown and mostly roof tops but still neat to look at, bathroom clean and room spacious.

Would definately recommend and stay again. Location was great.

Only negative was no pool and no snack vending machines. I know that this is more a business hotel but pool and snack vending machines would have been nice

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dir_of_Front_Office, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
The Hilton Brand Promise is to ensure that every guest is cared for, valued, and respected. It appears that Eric delivered upon this goal. Management strives to recognize our team members that capture the hospitality that Hilton is known for. Thank you for these comments that will enable our team to recognize Eric for the exceptional service that he provides to each guest. We hope that you will choose to return and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 9, 2013

TWO BRIGHT SPOTS: Concierge Mr. Joel Stephens and restaurant staffer “Mr. Joe”

With my family's less than ideal stay, we experienced bright spots with two Hilton staffers.

I watched as "Concierge Extraordinaire" Mr. Joel Stephens snagged us the last tickets for the next day's Alcatraz visit. He then arranged a one-of-a-kind tour with an acquaintance, Sean Garzee of Platinum Concierge. Mr. Stephens took care of all the details seamlessly. He was smart and funny with an understanding of how to make a difference in someone's stay. I would have thrown in the towel on our time at this Hilton was it not for him.

Another staffer, Joe (I believe he works with the restaurant, forest green shirt and pants), quietly went down to his car at 6:40 a.m. (June 8) to retrieve some quarters the front desk could not provide me in change.

These two exemplify Hilton's branding of "service with warmth." They alone get 5 stars.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for submitting this review. While it is never pleasant to see that one of our valued guests experienced challenges during their stay, we are committed to improving our service and accommodations for all of our guests. On behalf of our Front Desk, I, sincerely, apologize for any inconvenience that we caused. I assure you that I am following up with our team to ensure that our service standards are upheld with every guest interaction. We will further recognize Joel and the restaurant staff for saving the day! Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will return and stay with us again.
Memphis
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Changed to this hotel at the last minute due to a good deal on Hotwire. The hotel is in a convenient location (especially if you are taking one of the Hop Off Hop on Tours, they stop right in front of it). I ended up arriving very late in the evening. Check-in went smoothly. The lobby is decorated very nicely. Plenty of places to sit and people watch and the majority of the staff was nice and helpful. I had a red eye outbound flight. The staff was gracious enough to stow my bags while I went out shopping and visited the spa after I checked out.
The room itself was on the small side but very impressive. I had a king room on the 8th floor with a view of what looked like a school. Therefore, nothing to write home about. The room also contained a nice chair, a desk chair and a flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was on the small side. It had a sliding door which housed the basics, tub/shower combo, sink and toilet. At times I felt a bit claustrophobic because it was so small. All in all the room was comfortable and clean. In addition, I don't remember hearing much room from my neighbors.

One complaint will be at the restaurant. On the night of my arrival I went to order some food to take up to my room. Granted it was about ten minutes until closing the waiter decided to remind more than twice that they were about close. I understood the first time, I didn't need the constant reminders. If not for the interruptions I could have been done. The food was average.

Another complaint would be the spa. I had a Groupon for a massage, facial and mani/pedi. The massage and facial were great. However, the mani/pedi facilities and services left a lot to be desired. I say go elsewhere for a better job and a cheaper price.

All in all, it isn't a bad hotel. However, my next visit I will probably stay in Union Square as I originally planned on doing, given its proximity to more shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for submitting this review which will help us to further improve our service and accommodations. Hilton aims to provide exceptional overall service to each guest. From the scores, we see that our team fell short of this goal. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize for any inconvenience that we caused. I assure you that our Director of Food & Beverage is taking apropriates steps to prevent issues like this in the future . We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
Milton, ON
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Hilton San Francisco Financial District was a decent spot for our family to visit all the main San Francisco attractions. I found our room a little on the small side by Hilton standards, but it was clean and the beds comfortable. I don't believe wi-fi was free in the rooms, which I thought was unusal in this day and age. However, there were plenty of computers in the lobby if you needed to get caught up on emails etc./print out boarding passes. I would say avoid the breakfast unless you are on an expense account: $5 for tea is ridiculous. We had a very basic breakfast (yogurt with granola and berries + tea and coffee and our kids had the kids buffet and it was still $60. We would have been better off to walk to Sears Fine Foods again for a truly special breakfast for the same or less...In terms of location - it is right on the edge of Chinatown and the Financial District.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dir_of_Front_Office, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much for submitting a review. We hope that you will return to stay with us again.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This newly renovated Hilton property (it used to be a Holiday Inn) is right near Chinatown and walking distance from almost everything else downtown (if you like alot of walking). It has some great views (though ours was not that great, we didnt pay for a view room). Enjoyed the executive level lounge and the spa. Pricing was lower than for other similar properties, perhaps as they are trying to promote it.

Room Tip: pay extra for a view room if its your first SF trip.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are very thankful for the generous scores and kind words. Our team strives to ensure that every guest is cared for, valued, and respected. We hope that you will return and stay with us again.
new york
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great location - walking distance to many cool areas of town. Wonderful views from certain rooms - ours was on the top floor with a balcony and we could see the bay, Alcatraz, Coit Tower, etc. The elevators were slow, though. We had a room on the concierge floor, which provided us with a pleasant and nice-sized area for breakfast and snacks, although the breakfast choices were not very good. The staff was wonderful - very helpful and friendly. When I had a problem getting online at the "business center" (a group of computers in the lobby), I was brought to an office upstairs to use someone's computer there (thank you, Jason Beckham!). All in all, I'd definitely recommend this hotel when visiting San Francisco.

Room Tip: Rooms on the concierge level facing the bay (with balcony). If you'll use the balcony, it's...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moonarito
Thank you very much for recommending the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. Our team looks forward to your next stay. The view is definitely worth it!
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Hilton San Francisco Financial District was everything I had hoped for.
The location was perfect for me. On the one side, right next to the financial district, and on the other, near China town and too noisy.
My room had a wonderful view and the accommodations and amenities the high Hilton standard.
Totally enjoyable stay.
Only draw back, no pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank yacovk
It is great news to see that one of our guests enjoyed the service and accommodations. On behalf of our staff, thank you for submitting this review. Our team hopes that your travels will bring you back to our hotel. Please come back and stay with us again.