“Disappointed so far”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles
“Disappointed so far”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was rated 4 star and we were hoping to get away for a romantic Valentines weekend. We ordered a king size room. When we checked in the front desk employee said "sorry we see your reservation is for a king size room but we are giving you two SINGLE beds". And these are truly single beds. The room feels like a college dorm. I don't know who would call this a four star.

They also told us it was because tomorrow night was too booked - so that means that they are booting us to single beds for our entire stay so someone else can have our king bed room tomorrow night. They tried to compensate us with free wireless (which goes in and out) and breakfast, but I would much rather have the room I reserved and paid for. Oh well. Now we know not to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jennyross7
Dir_of_Front_Office, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent holiday trip. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Clarksville, MD
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Hilton is one of my top flags that I use, but this hotel is just tired. Location is okay, but on the fringe between financial district and china town. Okay hotel, but needs renovation.

The elevators are horrible - long waits. I have stayed here a few times, and that is typical for me.

There are better options in San Fran.

• Stayed February 2013
We are saddend that our service and accommodations fell below our standard. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We hope that you will return to our hotel and give us another chance.
Doylestown
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Buried in Chinatown but just two blocks from the heart of things: a really excellent Hilton, with marvelous beer & wine selection and quite excellent food - in the dining room or at the bar. Very helpful personnel.....and great Chinese restaurants (e.g., R&G Lounge) and coffee bars (La Boulange) nearby...as well as Old St Mary's Catholic Cathedral.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank johnnydogmatic
Dir_of_Front_Office, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for the generous scores! We are very happy that you enjoyed the location, service, and accommodations. We appreciate you! Please come back and stay with us again.
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We always get our own room when we travel but a friend talked us into sharing a room on this trip. Big mistake. The bathroom doesn't have a real door, it has a sliding door that sits several inches away from the wall so there is a big gap between the doorway and the door. Worse yet, the doorway is wider than the door so you're always on public display and if anybody opens the door into the room then anybody walking down the hall can see right into the bathroom. I really don't understand why the hotel management thinks this is an acceptable situation. If you are not intimately acquainted with someone, don't share a room with them at this hotel. On the plus side the staff was very friendly and helpful and the view was like a postcard. It's in a great location but I shouldn't have to use the bathroom in the lobby just to get some privacy.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
We thank you for your kind score, especially in light of the issue noted. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize for the inconveniences caused. I assure you that we are closely monitoring the feedback of our guests. We hope that you will return and give our hotel another chance in the future.
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just returned from a two-night business stay at this hotel. The location was great, centrally located to great shopping and many places to eat. The food at the hotel was very good as well, and the servers were very helpful. The beds are comfortable, but there is some noise outside as is typical in a city. The biggest drawback to this hotel was that the elavators seemed to not be working quite right during my stay. The room itself is small but adequate space for a person or two, with a nice lounge chair and desk area for working. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Would suggest higher level room...on 17 i could still hear street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you! We appreciate you. Please come back and stay with us again.
The World
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I got this Hilton Hotel by Name Your Own Bid on Priceline. I have never been to San Francisco and so Financial District meant nothing to me. I like seeing as much of the city I am visiting as possible so I opted to take the BART to Montgomery and walk to the Hotel. Unfortunately, my GPS had other plans and took me all the way down Market Street and then up California St. I had to call the Hotel for directions which were to walk up California and make a right on Kearny St. Once I turned on Kearny, I was apprehensive as the street did not look like it was part of the Financial District but instead Chinatown. I finally saw the hotel which was decorated with Red lanterns and pagodas framing the doors marking the beginning of the Chinese New Year festivities starting the next day. Check in was a breeze, wi-fi is not free in the room (why??) but computers are available in the lobby. My room 621 would be considered small but I loved it! The large windows afforded an expansive view of houses on the hills and the bay. The bathroom door slid closed allowing for more saving on space and the wall to wall desk facing the windows was aesthetically pleasing. The bathroom was small as well and dated which was the one blemish in the room. The hallway carpets are lumpy but the windows afford one great views of Chinatown. I think this Hotel is more in Chinatown than the Financial District but the location was great, the service friendly and so I would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for submitting a survey for our hotel. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest. Please come back and stay with us again.
Glendale, California
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed in December and booked on the executive level. Room on top floor had amazing view and the room was large and comfortable. The lounge had a very good breakfast and nice afternoon happy hour. The parking attendants were especially nice and whenever we called them our car was always waiting for us when we walked outside. The location is simply outstanding!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
This is very unfortunate news to hear that one of our best guests will be staying elsewhere. Our management team will further review our offerings to our best guests. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize for any inconvenience this caused. Should your travels bring you back during the weekend, please contact the Front Office Manager on duty to assist you with other options for the appetizers in the evening.